Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judge wouldn't Set Aside Judgment- SOOO disappointed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judge wouldn't Set Aside Judgment- SOOO disappointed

I'm located in TN, and I just left my court hearing on filing a motion to Set Aside Judgment that has been paid in full, satisfied, and released. However the judge wouldn't sign off on the order, saying that nothing needs to be set aside when the judgment gas been satisfied, paid in full, and released. She says that if she signed off on the order, then that would mean that I hadn't paid/satisfied the judgment and would start the whole judgment process all over again. So she wouldn't sign off on it. I explained to her that the judgment is already showing satisfied, etc... on my credit reports, but in order to have it removed, I would need the order signed off by the courts/ judge. She wouldn't do it. She just had the bookkeeping bleak to stamp and send send a letter to the three CRAs stating the judgment gas been satisfied/ paid in full. I'm so disappointed. I guess I'll try to get an attorney to help out.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judge wouldn't Set Aside Judgment- SOOO disappointed

How disappointing!  I wish that all states adopted Illinois statutes that will release or set aside so that it can be removed from the CRAs

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, so do I!! Why TN has to be the odd ball, I don't know, but it sucks!! I wanted to tell the judge: "Look, it can't be this difficult!" Smh son any others have been successful with this same issue. It was as if she had no idea of what I was talking about... I'm going to keep trying though
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in Missouri and can't find a thing about motion to set aside...so frustrating.  You already get dinged by the OC, the CA and then the judgment. ..triple whammy. Soooo frustrating. ...of course if I would have paid my bills and not have been yound and stupid I wouldn't be in the place I am in.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat here in Oregon - cannot find ANY references online about it.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's so true ramocita... Smh Norman, it's just really sad how this could be happening. I hope we find solutions soon.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

What county court did you go through?  I'm trying to do the same thing in TN (Knox) as well.  I contacted attorney.  He wanted $700 up front to retain him, then he would bill at $200 an hour.  

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ashley, I filed in the Shelby a County General Sessions court. It's not that it can't be done , it's just that the judge who was over my case didn't want to cooperate. But even still, Since then, I still sent the paperwork to the CRAs showing that the judgment had been satisfied, and somehow it has been deleted from EX and TU. My scores went up about 30-40 points. The judgment is still on EQ though
Message 8 of 18
EvilDebt
Established Member

EQ is one of the toughest to get things removed, keep calling their phone number if possible.  I had to stay on them about getting a lien removed and finally they did.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ashley, I filed in the Shelby a County General Sessions court. It's not that it can't be done , it's just that the judge who was over my case didn't want to cooperate. But even still, Since then, I still sent the paperwork to the CRAs showing that the judgment had been satisfied, and somehow it has been deleted from EX and TU. My scores went up about 30-40 points. The judgment is still on EQ though

As other posters have said EQ is tough. It took me two telephone calls (had to step outside and yell - then return to finish the call). It took four paper snail mail disputes with EQ to finally get them changed. They are ******ed! What I do not understand is why they fight when they are going to lose. My view is the credit bureau is the steak and I am the pit bull Smiley Happy Not accepting no is important.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.