cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement Happy Dance...UPDATE 2/6/12

tag
ephram0408

Re: Judgment Happy Dance

Congrats, on getting the judgment removed. Can you please send me a copy of the MOV letter you used. I am having trouble removing a 2 year old payed judgment from two CRC.

Thanks

Alan

Message 21 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgement Happy Dance

Could you please inbox me the letter you sent? Thanks in advance! !
Message 22 of 41
Justjohn
Established Member

Nice work!  Mind PMing me a copy while you're at it?  Thanks!

Message 23 of 41
orky626
New Contributor

another PM request for the MOV letter! thanks!

Equifax: 656
Experian:645
Transunion:659
Message 24 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yet another request for a copy of the MOV letter....

Message 25 of 41
NikJ4
Established Contributor

This is the info  sent to me by another member (B72) . I just sent my letter #2 out to Experian and Equifax day before yesterday so we shall see how they go.

Good Luck 

MOV #1

October 20, 2011

TransUnion Consumer Solutions
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19022-2000

Dear Sir or Madam:

A dispute was recently filed with TransUnion regarding a judgment from (Your County) County Civil Court (Case or ID# - **********), which appears on my TransUnion credit report. On August 25, 2011, I received the results of the investigation stating that the account had been verified.

Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, section 611(a)(7), I am entitled to receive a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information, including the business name and address of any furnisher of information and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available.

Please mail this information to me at the address below:

Sincerely,

Your Name

SSN#

Address

City, State, Zip Code

MOV Letter #2: (once the responded saying account verified) I sent this letter and I also included a copy of my first request:

November 15, 2011

Transunion Consumer Solutions

PO Box 2000

Chester, PA  19022-2000

Dear Sir or Madam: 

This letter is written notification that I am demanding an explanation of your reinvestigation procedure as it is lawfully my right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act § 611(a)(7).  In the event that you’re not familiar with this statute I am posting it below:

“A consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer a description referred to in paragraph (6)(B)(iii) by not later than 15 days after receiving a request from the consumer for that description.”

This is NOT a request for a re-investigation or re-verification.  I am demanding a detailed and complete explanation of who your source was and how Transunion verified this data as it is my legal right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.  IF YOU CANNOT PROVIDE OR CORRECT THIS SPECIFIC INFORMATION THE ACCOUNT MUST BE REMOVED FROM MY REPORT IMMEDIATELY AS MANDATED BY FEDERAL LAW. 

previously investigated” is not an adequate response – AND an explanation of your method of verification cannot, by law, be deemed "frivolous"!  If you respond in this manner, it will be deemed to be in direct violation of federal law and WILL be communicated to the FTC.

Again, I am candidly requesting a complete and detailed description of how you were able to verify information that includes no less than the following information:

1.  How did you verify the information reported by the listed data furnisher that is being reported on my credit report?  Did you use the Automated Consumer Dispute Verification (ACDV)?  Did you call the data furnisher?

I have been in contact with (Your County Court) County Circuit Court and the Clerk of Court has indicated on several occasions that they DO NOT directly verify anything with any of the credit reporting bureaus.  To ensure that I left no stone unturned, I specifically asked if they spoke with anyone from Transuion regarding the verification of judgments.  Again, it was stated, “We have not and never will directly verify anything with any of the credit reporting bureaus because we don’t have the time or the manpower to handle the onslaught of calls we would receive.”   

I went on to further ask the Clerk of Court if they have ever received paperwork via electronic means or USPS from any of the credit reporting bureaus to verify my judgments.  She stated that they do not and have not received any correspondence via mail, fax or email.  Now I found it interesting your response to me states the information was verified and that I may request the provider of the verified information, however upon my original request a description of how and who provided the information was not included in your correspondence dated November 7, 2011, addressed to me.

The true source needs to be identified or the accounts need to be deleted immediately. 

2.  Did you speak to someone at (Your County) District Court that verified these records?  

I’ve spoken to several people at (Your County)County Circuit Court and none of them have been able to locate the following public record listed on my credit report because they do not exist

1. Your County District - Docket # 008000xxxxxx

If you did verify the account, what is the name and contact information of the person who verified this information?

On October 21, 2011, via fax and Certified Mail # 7011 0470 0001 1647 7598 received in your office on October 24, 2011, I disputed the validity of the following account and requested your verification.  If Transuion had in fact truly investigated these items properly you would have found that the item identified were indeed incorrect.

3.  If you are using another data furnisher, why is this not listed?  It is against the law to list an inaccurate data furnisher.  The source needs to be correctly identified so that I, the consumer, can contact them.  I am entitled to know specifically how this was verified with the Prince William District Court whom you say was the furnisher of information.

Once more, I am NOT asking for re-verification or re-investigation of the account.  I am demanding a detailed and complete explanation of who your source was and how Transunion verified this data as it is my legal right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.   

Regards,

Name

Address

City, State, Zip Code

Encl(s)

Message 26 of 41
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Ok, I attached a copy of the letters I was using. I was getting a lot of requests and I cant always get back to you as quickly as I would like. I am also very impatient so I would not make any one else suffer as I do when waiting on info. Hope it helps you guys out. I didnt see a change in my credit score but just having it off made a big difference to me mentally. I am so off my game of being organized but I am continuing to try find my groove.

Message 27 of 41
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Re: Judgement Happy Dance>>>UPDATE!!!!

Two down and one more to go. TransUnion and Equifax both removed the judgement from my credit. Now I just have Experian left and I am all good with that monkey.

Message 28 of 41
2NE1
Established Contributor

@NikJ4 wrote:

Two down and one more to go. TransUnion and Equifax both removed the judgement from my credit. Now I just have Experian left and I am all good with that monkey.

TU is taking so long to send me back the results on my civil judgment Smiley Sad I gotta send EX the second MOV letter since they updated it as "Claim Paid" but didn't provide me the furnisher's contact info. Good luck with EX! Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 41
NikJ4
Established Contributor

I got the best start of a Monday in a long time... No more judgements listed on my credit report. I have a new outlook. Hotdog! Hotdog!

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.