Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement Help...MOV

tag
Tanafied
Established Member

Judgement Help...MOV

I don't know if anyone really follows what's going on in my life, hell it's hard for me to keep up. At any rate, I've done really well with the rebuilding process thanks so much to my friends here at Myfico.com.  As I've said before, I'm down to 2 remaining baddies...one is a student loan, which I've deemed hopeless, and the other is a paid judgement. So...on the advise of myfico friends, I called today to inquire on how to get it removed from the court...public record. I was told they do not report, and I would need to contact the plaintiff. I had no recourse or follow up questions...I just didn't know what to say at that point. Can anyone shed some light? I was under the impression that it was up to the judge to have it removed from public record, she said that's not the case. What should I have said?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Judgement Help...MOV

They are correct that the court does not report to the CRAs ~ public records such as judgements are searched and gathered by various companies and sold to the CRAs.

The judge would have to vacate the judgement in order for you to be able to try to have it removed from your credits reports.    In order to get it vacated either the plantiff or possibly you/your attorney would need to file a motion to vacate ~ the process to do this varies by jurisdiction and court procedures.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
Tanafied
Established Member

I just had an ahh ha moment...thank you Pizzadude...that sounds like an aweful lot of work. I believe it falls off next year anyway.

Message 3 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Tanafied wrote:

I just had an ahh ha moment...thank you Pizzadude...that sounds like an aweful lot of work. I believe it falls off next year anyway.

Well it may or may not be ~ you many not need an attorney, some people have reported that submitting a form to the court is all that is required.   Again, it all really depends on how they do things in your jurisdiction.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would suggest first making a call to the Office of the Clerk of the judgment court, and inquire as to the practice in that court of handling motions to vacate based on satisfaction of a judgment.  Some courts entertain such motions, while others wont vacate absent a showing of clear error in the proceedings.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can a paid judgment be vacated?
Message 6 of 8
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Yes a paid judgment can be vacated, especially if it was a "stipulated judgment."

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

A stipulated judgment? My ex landlord sued and won over decades old carpet, I have paid it and it is marked as such over a year ago but I would love it gone... It was served to my husband but he is not legally identified on the papers, instead his middle name, by which he goes, is listed as my middle name... Could I possibly get that vacated?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.