Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement?? Help!

tag
kaymom
Contributor

Re: Judgement?? Help!

Is there a court date on your summons? If so, the amount needs to be taken care of before court date or there will be a judgement filed against you. I currently have arrangements with a law firm now and they assured me as long as I'm making my timely payments, they will not filed judgement. I told her what I could pay and which day of each month I could make the payment on, which is the last of the month. She informed me that they would mail me some papers out to sign agreeing to the arrangement. I signed them and mailed them back in. So far, no other actions have been taken against me.

A Fresh Start
Message 11 of 15
bear812c
Regular Contributor

They have to file a law suit and win it to be able to report it as a judgement so if you set up poayment arrangements before they filethe suit  then you haven't been sued yet and therefore will not have a judgement place on your credit report, which is what I recommend. I have a judgement (which I have paid off). I didn't take that "warning letter"  very serious and sure enough I got sued, I don't recommend it! 

Message 12 of 15
gutero
Established Member

That's exactly what's happening with me....

I should have mentioned that.  I verbally agreed to a payment arrangment, then they sent me the paperwork for the stipulated judgment to be signed and notarized and returned.  Before I signed anything, I wanted to get some feedback.  It sounds like my best bet is to go through with it and cross my fingers that it won't show on my credit report.

3/2017 Scores: 511 - TU...505 - EQ...509 - EX
---6-month Goal---
600 across the board
---Long-term Goal---
760 across the board

Cards: Cap 1 Secured: $300, OpenSky Secrued: $300
Message 13 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

As long as you can show you made your payments on time and you have that letter from them, then I think even if they did file a suit you could have it vacated.

Message 14 of 15
kaymom
Contributor

@gutero wrote:

That's exactly what's happening with me....

I should have mentioned that.  I verbally agreed to a payment arrangment, then they sent me the paperwork for the stipulated judgment to be signed and notarized and returned.  Before I signed anything, I wanted to get some feedback.  It sounds like my best bet is to go through with it and cross my fingers that it won't show on my credit report.

I had to sign the agreement, but it wasn't required that I had it notized.

A Fresh Start
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.