Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement Help

tag
andrea1212
Valued Member

Judgement Help

I'm looking for the best way to settle this judgment i have, looking to buy a house in the next year or less. The orginal creditor is a credit union- the judgement is for $5400 it shows the judgment was filled at the court on 04/21/2011. It also does show on my CR on all 3-  the orginal creditor ( Del one credit Union) The judgement is under public records. Does anyone know the best way to handle this? Call? write? Can i pay on it and still potentially get a home loan? Thanks in advance.. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Judgement Help

@andrea1212 wrote:

I'm looking for the best way to settle this judgment i have, looking to buy a house in the next year or less. The orginal creditor is a credit union- the judgement is for $5400 it shows the judgment was filled at the court on 04/21/2011. It also does show on my CR on all 3-  the orginal creditor ( Del one credit Union) The judgement is under public records. Does anyone know the best way to handle this? Call? write? Can i pay on it and still potentially get a home loan? Thanks in advance.. 

If the CU is local I would personally appear and try to work out a settlement with them. If you cannot actually settle it now its best to leave it alone. A lender on a home is going to require it be paid prior for closing they will not let it go.

Message 2 of 3
andrea1212
Valued Member

Re: Judgement Help

It's not local anymore - moved 4 years ago.. I'm pretty far away 1600 miles. We did speak to a lender, they did state if we are at least paying on it, getting a home loan can happen as long as it shows payment? Not sure how true that is? Thanks for answering my questions.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.