Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement In Tennessee

tag
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

Judgement In Tennessee

Hi all I need help. I went to apply for an apartment today....I finally have a really good credit score and I have saved up for all the fees. Problem is they ran Experian (I hate them, which is my dirtiest cr and BOOM a judgement I got on an apartment in Jan 2002 pops up! I'm lost i though that the SOL on judgements in TN was 6 years, shouldn't that have been removed? I called the leasing office they have no record, I called the lawyer (the one the management compnay has now), they have no record. What should I do? 

Thanks for any bit of help.

Started from the bottom, now I'm here: 4/20/15: EX-674 TU 704 EQ-677
TU-Clean...EQ & EX-1 Paid Collections & 1 Judgement
T minus 4 months until Operation EE!!
Goal: 750 Across the board! AMEX Approved! Living in the Garden
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

Re: Judgement In Tennessee

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

Hi all I need help. I went to apply for an apartment today....I finally have a really good credit score and I have saved up for all the fees. Problem is they ran Experian (I hate them, which is my dirtiest cr and BOOM a judgement I got on an apartment in Jan 2002 pops up! I'm lost i though that the SOL on judgements in TN was 6 years, shouldn't that have been removed? I called the leasing office they have no record, I called the lawyer (the one the management compnay has now), they have no record. What should I do? 

Do you still owe on the judgement? They can remain up to ten years on your report, but I've heard that if you owe, they can pretty much renew them indefinitely... Smiley Sad Can't tell you for sure, though. Hope someone else knows more about judgments can contribute.

I did find this, for you, however: "Enforcing Court Judgments, 10 years - Tenn. Code § 28-3-110(2)"

Tenn. Code § 28-3-110(2):

The following actions shall be commenced within ten (10) years after the cause of action accrued:
(2) Actions on judgments and decrees of courts of record of this or any other state or government; and
Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 2 of 5
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

@xaiduz114 wrote:

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

Do you still owe on the judgement? They can remain up to ten years on your report, but I've heard that if you owe, they can pretty much renew them indefinitely... Smiley Sad Can't tell you for sure, though. Hope someone else knows more about judgments can contribute.

I did find this, for you, however: "Enforcing Court Judgments, 10 years - Tenn. Code § 28-3-110(2)"

The following actions shall be commenced within ten (10) years after the cause of action accrued:
(2) Actions on judgments and decrees of courts of record of this or any other state or government; and

Thank you! I do still owe. I'm currently living in nyc trying to get an apartment and this sucks that its been more than 10 years and this still shows up! I guess I need to call the clerks office in the morning. Funny thing is I called the Rental Company, they have no record of it, but at the same time they arent the same company that was there when I rented from them. 

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

@xaiduz114 wrote:

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

Thank you! I do still owe. I'm currently living in nyc trying to get an apartment and this sucks that its been more than 10 years and this still shows up! I guess I need to call the clerks office in the morning. Funny thing is I called the Rental Company, they have no record of it, but at the same time they arent the same company that was there when I rented from them. 

A judgment reports for 7 years from the date it was entered if its past this time dispute it as too old to report. Though it may not be able to be reported it is still active and can be renewed so I would be trying to find who owns it and settle. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

@xaiduz114 wrote:

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

A judgment reports for 7 years from the date it was entered if its past this time dispute it as too old to report. Though it may not be able to be reported it is still active and can be renewed so I would be trying to find who owns it and settle. Good luck Smiley Happy

It is still being reported....Thanks Experian! Every other CRA has removed it! I HATE Experian they won't remove nothing for me....TU removes evrything I ask.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.