cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement... Jane Doe served instead of me... Realy?

tag
RussianPassion
Regular Contributor

Judgement... Jane Doe served instead of me... Realy?

I have a judgement against me filed in a local California court on 03/2008. The judgement is for like $1500 for Capital One bank. Now onto the facts...

The docket/case number was available on my credit report so I search the local courthouse and found my case.

It said that on 12/04/2007 they filed the collection complaint.

Here is the intersting part... I can see the image of proof of service and it says that on 01/02/2008 "Jane Doe, my 5'6" 185lbs 41 yo co-worker" was served by "substituted service" and that a copy was mailed to me on the same address the attempted to serve me at the following day on 01/03/2008.

First of all the address they "served" me at was my old old old old work address. Then I never had any female co-workers. Ever. The, Jane Doe... Really? Finally, I was outside the United States since the begining of Dec 2007. I have my passport stamped and I can show them that I entered another country in the begining of december 2007.

The judgement is unpaid and is estimated to fall off on 02/2015.

What should I do? I mean I don't have a problem paying this off but seeing how they bluntly LIED during their attempted service, I would prefer to not pay if I can...

Please advise...

Jane Doe... LOL... 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.