Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement Question and help

tag
ikanga24
Established Member

Judgement Question and help

I have a Judgement filed against me in 2010. I tried to contact the attorney who filed judgement to settle the amount but i found out that the attorney does not work for the law firm anymore. I want to know what i need to do to or whom should i speak to settle this account. I really need some help about how i should go about this settlement. I am judgement proof, therefore they were not able to take my money. I just want to settle this judgement so that i can find a better job to support my wife and kid. Please help !!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Judgement Question and help

Did they just file suit, or did it go to trial and the court actually awarded a judgment?

If a judgment was entered, was there a second action on their part attempting to garnish pay or other assets?

Message 2 of 5
ikanga24
Established Member

The judgement had been already awarded. I didnt show up in court. It was awarded in 2010. They did not ganish my asset because i was not making enough money. They tried but i was making less money.
Message 3 of 5
mhaines

You should call the courts to explain the situation. They will have direction for you.

Message 4 of 5
ikanga24
Established Member

Thx. I will call them today.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.