Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement Question

tag
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: Judgment Question

I tried to respond to whole letter but keep freezing up so letter is too long and too confusing. The reps have about two minutes per dispute. Keep it simple sillySmiley Tongue Letter:

Your name address city state file #/ ss#

CRA

address

city state zip

TO whom it may concern:

I recently ran my credit report and unfortunately found an error.  On my CRA NAME FILE there is a judgment listed under public records.  However this is incorrect. The judgment was dismissed by the court of OKLAHOMA.   Please see attached. The judgment was dismissed on date. 

Therefore I repectfuklly request the immediate rem oval of said item.  Please send me  notification that the item has been removed  as well as a copy of my updated credit report to address,  according to the provisions of 15usc section 168j there should be no charge for notification of changes on my credit report.

Thanking you for your time and courtesies,

Sincerely,

Name   typed do not sign

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 11 of 16
annielorie
Valued Contributor

certified mail  Return receipt requested oh and also put  in your emailSmiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 16
annielorie
Valued Contributor

And for gods sake dont forget the date like meSmiley Embarassed

Message 13 of 16
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Im like columbo today LOL one more thing in letter under adress type certified MAIL R.R.R.  What are the other baddies that are falling off in 2013??

Message 14 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@annielorie wrote:

Im like columbo today LOL one more thing in letter under adress type certified MAIL R.R.R.  What are the other baddies that are falling off in 2013??

30 day late from Nissan, May 2006.  90 day late WF Credit Card. March-May 2006

In 2006 my ex husband was abusive towards me. I finally got him gone after calling the police on his butt after he was kicking me. That was in Feb 2006.  He took all the money from our checking account when he left, so I had no money. I was in school at the time, and I had a job as a graduate assistant, but I lost the job because depression started setting in at the end of January and I couldn't really function anymore. I withdrew from graduate school and went to my moms where I don't really remember what happened for the next 3 months. (PTSD)

Anyways, I started getting therapy and treatment while at my moms, and I landed a great job in april of that yr, so I moved to Oklahoma to pursue the job. At that time I opened up a new checking account and tried to get my affairs in order.  he was AU on 3 CCs that he maxed. the rings were with Zales for the wedding, not paid for yet. he took off with the truck that I was co-signer on (thats what the judgement was for.

I didn't get any mail while at my moms, and was able to get all of the CCs except for Wells Fargo to delete the 30-60-90 day lates where I didn't pay anybody anything. Overall I paid for about 30k worth of his debt, with nothing to show for it other than the fact that I went 6 yrs being single because I didn't want to end up with a deadbeat again who abused me. Those 6 yrs were great because I got to figure out who I was and that I was better than having to put up with being treated badly.

My lawyer tried to press criminal charges on my behalf, it never went anywhere Smiley Sad  They claimed it was a mere domestic dispute instead of the victimization that it was

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@webhopper wrote:

@annielorie wrote:

30 day late from Nissan, May 2006.  90 day late WF Credit Card. March-May 2006

In 2006 my ex husband was abusive towards me. I finally got him gone after calling the police on his butt after he was kicking me. That was in Feb 2006.  He took all the money from our checking account when he left, so I had no money. I was in school at the time, and I had a job as a graduate assistant, but I lost the job because depression started setting in at the end of January and I couldn't really function anymore. I withdrew from graduate school and went to my moms where I don't really remember what happened for the next 3 months. (PTSD)

Anyways, I started getting therapy and treatment while at my moms, and I landed a great job in april of that yr, so I moved to Oklahoma to pursue the job. At that time I opened up a new checking account and tried to get my affairs in order.  he was AU on 3 CCs that he maxed. the rings were with Zales for the wedding, not paid for yet. he took off with the truck that I was co-signer on (thats what the judgement was for.

I didn't get any mail while at my moms, and was able to get all of the CCs except for Wells Fargo to delete the 30-60-90 day lates where I didn't pay anybody anything. Overall I paid for about 30k worth of his debt, with nothing to show for it other than the fact that I went 6 yrs being single because I didn't want to end up with a deadbeat again who abused me. Those 6 yrs were great because I got to figure out who I was and that I was better than having to put up with being treated badly.

My lawyer tried to press criminal charges on my behalf, it never went anywhere Smiley Sad  They claimed it was a mere domestic dispute instead of the victimization that it was

Letters are out, thanks so much guys, I will update this thread when I hear back.  I am crossing my fingers, as it seems that EQ is the hardest to get a judgement removed from after reading old threads.   Currently this judgment is only reporting on TU and EX.   I'm just really hoping that this goes away and that I never see it again or have to explain it to another potential creditor again!!! I always felt like such a loser trying to explain why this judgement was there.  

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.