cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement Removal from Public Records???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgement Removal from Public Records???

If paying this is a condition  of your lender you may want to try to contact the attorney on record for the plaintiff to see if you can offer a settlement. Then that attorney  can file a release of satisfaction and you can move forward with your mortgage. 

Message 11 of 13
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I assume from the info in your post that there were damages to the property (either real or not) that the landlord sued for and received a judgment OR you were evicted and the landlord sued and obtained a judgment.

This is why the apartment complex is interested in the Satisfaction of the Judgment. It shows past behavior. Granted it was a long time ago so that is good for you in your negotations with the judgment holder. You do not want to mention that it is standing in the way of you renting a place as they will hold your feet to the fire and not negotiate at all.  You can negotiate it and have the current judgment holder record a Satisfaction in the county where you live.

Before you negotiate it, see if there is any way you can void the Judgement through the court system. You will need to look up your state's statues or contact a consumer attorney that knows what he is doing to see what options you have available to you in Tenn.

Message 12 of 13
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @StartingOver10...I'll try that route.
Started from the bottom, now I'm here: 4/20/15: EX-674 TU 704 EQ-677
TU-Clean...EQ & EX-1 Paid Collections & 1 Judgement
T minus 4 months until Operation EE!!
Goal: 750 Across the board! AMEX Approved! Living in the Garden
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.