cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement Removal from Public Records???

tag
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

Judgement Removal from Public Records???

Is it possible to get a judgement removed from Public Records after it has passed the time to be renewed? It's not showing on my CR, however it is showing up on a housing check. 

Started from the bottom, now I'm here: 4/20/15: EX-674 TU 704 EQ-677
TU-Clean...EQ & EX-1 Paid Collections & 1 Judgement
T minus 4 months until Operation EE!!
Goal: 750 Across the board! AMEX Approved! Living in the Garden
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
d170
Regular Contributor

Re: Judgement Removal from Public Records???

What's a housing check?

Time to Garden!!
EQ 703 TU 752 EX 711 as of 07/19/2014. In the garden until 01/19/2015. Baby steps, baby steps!! Trying for 750 ACROSS THE BOARD.
Message 2 of 13
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

I think what the OP is referring to is that the judgment is being found upon manual review during a mortgage application.  I may be wrong though...

In any case, just because the public record is not reporting on your credit report (7-10 years from date of entry), it does not mean that the SOL in that particular state to collect on it has expired.  In addition, if the Plaintiff renews the judgment, it remains a public record and can still be collected.

I would first start with finding out what the SOL to collect is in your state, and go from there.

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 3 of 13
Outnumbered5
Established Member

We just went through this and are about to close on our refinance. (YAY!) You can still get a mortgage, but the judgment has to be paid. Mine had been paid since 2010, but the attorneys office hadn't filed a satisfaction of judgment with the court, so I had to contact the attorney to get it filed. I also had them email a copy of the SOJ to me and I just had to give it to our underwriter. It wasn't a huge deal, just annoying.

Message 4 of 13
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

SOrry for the delay in response....busy at work this time of year! I'm applying for an apartment and my credit was ran and its showing that as per EX I have a judgment. It's in TN, the SOL has passed which is 10 years and its not on my EX CR, however I was told it's showing up through a 3rd party. How can I get this removed? I have contacted the court and have spoken to the clerk who advised me to request a "10 Year Letter." I've done this and have it. I called EX and they told me it wasn't on my report, however it is showing up when a credit check is being done.

Message 5 of 13
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

Bump for responses...I'm still stuck!

Message 6 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Send the CRA a copy of your current credit report that shows it is, in fact, reporting.

If more than 7 years has expired from the date of the judgment and the SOL on the judgment has also expired, request its immediate exclusion from your credit report per FCRA 605(a)(2).

Message 7 of 13
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

@RobertEG That's the problem...it's not on any of my credit reports. However it's showing up when the Broker runs the credit report. I've called EX and they even told me it's not on there.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a clear example of items although past the exclusionary period can still pop up their ugly heads. The judgment is a public record and any 3rd party can access it and report back to your lender. Is the original creditor still around?

Message 9 of 13
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

@romocita....I'm not sure. When I called the apartment complex I was told that management company doesn't own the complex any longer
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.