Valued Member
2BFREE25

Judgement Removed

What kind of an increase could I see when a judgement is removed?
Starting -
EQ: 505
TU: 528
EX: 503
- Short term goal: 560
- Long term goal: 750
Valued Contributor
slyhouse08

Re: Judgement Removed

Depends...three months ago...I finally got my fathers judgment removed from my reports...after 4 months...and only got +8 points...I was re-bucketed...I was MAD!!!
Valued Member
2BFREE25

It may not be much, but I'm still happy that it was removed. No complaints.
Starting -
EQ: 505
TU: 528
EX: 503
- Short term goal: 560
- Long term goal: 750
Moderator Emeritus

2BFREE25 wrote:
It may not be much, but I'm still happy that it was removed. No complaints.

True- Having it removed is always a plus, regardless of score change.
If it is your only PR, then likely a few points, but as sly said, if you get rebucketed, that may offset some of the increase. However, I have read that those who experience rebucketing rebound at a pretty decent rate.

Being rebucketed isn't always a bad thing and doesn't always mean that you will not gain very many points.

If it isn't your only PR, maybe not any at all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Regular Contributor
ladyvg270

please tell me how you got a judgement removed what steps do i need to take?
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

It can not always be done ladgv. A lot has to due with who filed it and when.
Moderator Emeritus
HappyDays

sidewinder is correct about being re-bucketed.  I have TU reporting a forclosure and im not touching it even tho it is not accurate.................I like that bucket im in!
Valued Member
sailon

Can someone explain to me what rebucketing is. I did a search and found threads on this but I'm still not sure I understand. I also had a PR removed and my TU FICO dropped about 15 points.

Thanks
Senior Contributor
Wonderin

sailon wrote:
Can someone explain to me what rebucketing is. I did a search and found threads on this but I'm still not sure I understand. I also had a PR removed and my TU FICO dropped about 15 points.
Thanks

Yeah ... same here!!!

Honestly, I don't know much about all this stuff at'all, but I have to say, I know what I do know ONLY because of the wonderful, kind posters here!!!!

Kudos (and then some!!) to all the contributors here!!
*looks in Sidewinders, Happy's, Timothy's, Cybele's and Sly's (just to name a very few!) directions!!*

*toast!*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hubby's FICOs when we started: high 400s (June 2008)
Hubby's FICO NOW (04/06/09): TU: 679 EQ: 608 EX: ???
My FICOs: TU: 643, EQ: 606
Closed on new home: 1/20/2009 -- If we can do it, YOU can do it!!

Moderator Emeritus
ByrdMan

sailon wrote:

Thanks

Sailon, what happened is that you were moved from one category (with a PR) to another category (w/o a PR). You are now being compared, from a FICO standpoint, to those w/o PR. Sometimes, people take hits when that happens, but the good news is that it gives you the opportunity to experience gains that you otherwise wouldn't with the PR on your reports. Not everyone experiences a drop as a result of a rebucket either. It all depends on what else is in your report and how those things compare to the new bucket.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+