Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement -- Reporting correctly?

tag
HectorVictorious
Regular Contributor

Judgement -- Reporting correctly?

Hello and good morning!

So I have a question about a judgement on my credit report.  I hear people saying that sometimes a judgement against them is not being reported correctly because it is not being updated as paid.  My judgement is not showing paid on my credit report on MyFico.com.  Is this being reported correctly?

Legal Item filed on Aug, 2010

Type [?]Court number [?]Case number [?]Date filed [?]Amount [?]Plaintiff [?]

Legal Item
175VS00445
ELLDCCV2010245
Aug, 2010
$4,029
Citibank South Dakota Na

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 591
Goal Score: 700

Cards: First Progress Secured Card $600.00; U.S. Bank Secured Card $500.00

Goal: AMEX Rewards Card, Purchase House by the end of 2014
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

Re: Judgement -- Reporting correctly?

@HectorVictorious wrote:

Hello and good morning!

So I have a question about a judgement on my credit report.  I hear people saying that sometimes a judgement against them is not being reported correctly because it is not being updated as paid.  My judgement is not showing paid on my credit report on MyFico.com.  Is this being reported correctly?

Legal Item filed on Aug, 2010

Type [?]Court number [?]Case number [?]Date filed [?]Amount [?]Plaintiff [?]

Legal Item
175VS00445
ELLDCCV2010245
Aug, 2010
$4,029
Citibank South Dakota Na

I would urge you to pull your actual CR's from annualcreditreport.com or the CRA websites.  My experience is the "credit reports" on this site as well as others are really credit summaries and do not include all of the details seen on your actual credit reports.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 2 of 4
HectorVictorious
Regular Contributor

So here we have it... I would love some help from people.

I have had this paid off for over 6 months, and it is not reporting as paid.  What are my next steps??? Ideally I would love to get it off of my account, but if that isnt possible at least show it updated as paid...

Public Records
Public record information includes bankruptcies, liens or judgments and comes from federal, state or county court records.
You have no Bankruptcies on file.
Judgments
Type: Judgment
Date Filed: 08/2010
Case Number: ELLDCCV2010245
Court Number/Name:
Court Address: 60 State St Ellsworth , ME 046051924
Plaintiff: CITIBANK SOUTH DAKOTA NA
Defendant: xxxxxxx XXXXXX R
Amount: $4,029
Date Reported: N/A
Satisfied Date:
Verified Date:
Comments:
You have no Tax Liens on file.

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 591
Goal Score: 700

Cards: First Progress Secured Card $600.00; U.S. Bank Secured Card $500.00

Goal: AMEX Rewards Card, Purchase House by the end of 2014
Message 3 of 4
traveler2005
Established Contributor

If your judgement status was paid, it would show up in the judgement "STATUS" section with the date that it was updated "paid". If you paid the judgement to Citibank, they should (are required) to have sent a notice to to the court stating that the judgement has been satisfied. If paid, call citibank and demand that they send a notice of satisfaction of judgement to the court. Also ask that they send you the same notice, then send a copy of the notice to all the CRA's that are reporting the judgement as unsatisfied to update as satisfied. Sometimes, you get lucky and they actually delete, YMMV.   Best Wishes.

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.