Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement Satisfied

tag
meka1984
Regular Contributor

Judgement Satisfied

I paid a judgement in Kansas over 2 months ago and they still have not sent anything to the courts. This is the only public record that I have. I believe they should have filed the satisfaction of judgement within 30 days.

Any idea of what I should do?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
needtodobetter
Frequent Contributor

Re: Judgement Satisfied

Have you called the creditor's attorney? Maybe it slipped through the cracks or they are not showing it satisfied for some reason??? I would start there.

Did they send you a signed satisfaction? If so, I would file it with the court. There is usually a nominal fee so many attorneys will send you the satisfaction so you bear the cost of filing it. In my state it's only $5.

If they are uncooperative, you can talk with the clerk of courts. I know that in my state you can complete the satisfaction and send it to the attorney for signature.

Good luck Smiley Happy
05/01/15: EQ 519 TU 541 EX 506
10/28/15: EQ 637 TU 646 EX 622
First Goal Score: 600
Second Goal Score: 640
Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Judgement Satistisfied

@meka1984 wrote:

I paid a judgement in Kansas over 2 months ago and they still have not sent anything to the courts. This is the only public record that I have. I believe they should have filed the satistifacation of judgement within 30 days.

Any idea of what I should do?

Contact them and remind them of their obligation to report to the court that the judgment has been satisifed and if that doesnt get you anywhere I would contact the clerk of the court inform them of the problem and proceed with trying to get the satisfaction filed yourself. I would also check into seeing if it can be vacated on grounds its been paid, this is allowed in some states and if so and you file said motion when its granted the judgment is gone from your CRs now rather than later. You might also ask the judgment creditor when you call them about the satisfaction if they are willing to file the motion to vacate since its been paid,

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.