Regular Contributor
rescueman451

Judgement Vacated!!

So after freaking out for the last two weeks about a judgement (right before underwriting) that was paid prior to the court date....I learned today it has been dismissed and vacated!!  One less hurdle in the way of homeownership now but I'll take it.  Thanks for the advice!

Starting Score: 547
Current Score: 632 EX, 592 TU, 580 EQ (Lender Pulled 9/8/11)
Goal Score: 620

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Contributor
ptr2593

Re: Judgement Vacated!!

Congratulations!  What steps did you need to take to have it vacated?

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Regular Contributor
AlmostHome78

Congrats! :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: EQ 678 (8/10/11) -- TU 678 (8/10/11) -- EX Fako 639 (9/7/11)
Current Score: EQ 685 -- TU 686 -- EX 702 (lender pull)
Goal Score: At least 720 across the board by June 2012

LIGHTNIN

That's the way to do it!!  Congrats to You!:smileyhappy:

FICO's Oct 2013 TU711 EQ713 EX723~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Regular Contributor
rescueman451

ptrutkowski wrote:

Congratulations!  What steps did you need to take to have it vacated?

I went to the circuit courthouse and they told me to contact the lawyer who filed as it would be faster to accomplish.  Otherwise I would have had a hearing to do it.  I called the lawyer and after explaining what happened they made the motion to vacate.  Received paperwork two days after of what was being sent to the court and learned today it went through as being dismissed/vacated.  The judgement though wasn't that bad to start with...it only knocked me down 9 points since it showed as a satisfied judgement (Equifax anyway) not sure about the other two.  I'm just happy it's gone no matter the point gain :smileyhappy:  Thanks again!

Starting Score: 547
Current Score: 632 EX, 592 TU, 580 EQ (Lender Pulled 9/8/11)
Goal Score: 620

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+