Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement and collection for the same debt

tag
Goodscore81
Regular Contributor

Judgement and collection for the same debt

Question for the forum:   Can you have a Judgement and collection for the same debt? 

This debt is for an apartment.  The collection is listing the apartment complex as the original creditor.  The judgemnt is listing the management company as the plaintiff.  I would think, if there is a judgement in place, there is no need for a collection agency to be collecting. Also there is a $400 difference in the amount owed. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

2700........ 1000........ 500...... 2590...... 2300.....20,110...... 2250...... 2100.......1700..... 1850..... 5000..... 5000..... 2188.....6000....3000
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Judgement and collection for the same debt

@Goodscore81 wrote:

Question for the forum:   Can you have a Judgement and collection for the same debt? 

This debt is for an apartment.  The collection is listing the apartment complex as the original creditor.  The judgemnt is listing the management company as the plaintiff.  I would think, if there is a judgement in place, there is no need for a collection agency to be collecting. Also there is a $400 difference in the amount owed. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

The CA can report if they are trying to collect on the judgment. Judgments continue to increase in value as there is interest on them, the rate is set by state law.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.