Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgement dispute

So about a month ago my judgment disappeared from my experian report. I decided to dispute it on transunion and it was deleted. Now I'm trying Equifax. It should be deleted from that one as well correct? Fingers crossed.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Judgement dispute

@Anonymous wrote:
So about a month ago my judgment disappeared from my experian report. I decided to dispute it on transunion and it was deleted. Now I'm trying Equifax. It should be deleted from that one as well correct? Fingers crossed.

Is this a paid or unpaid judgement?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unpaid
Message 3 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

In theory you woukd think they would delete ot. But sometimes that isn't always the case.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Judgments can report for 7 years from date of entry or until the first statuatory period of enfocement expires in your state. If it is removed it most likely has passed reportable time periods but it doesnt mean the judgment isnt still active most can be renewed in all states.

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

...or one CRA simply did not pick it up when they did their search of public record documents.

The results of a search of public record documents depends upon the depth of search and skill of the searcher.

Beng removed from one CRA when it is not at or near the exclusion period does not mean it is no longer in the public record and wont still be found by another CRA.

Message 6 of 7
katinOR
Valued Member

Experian is deleting all public records now for some reason. I called to ask about where to send paperwork... Was deleted within 30 minutes. I know at least ten others who had it deleted instantly. Paid and unpaid.... Not sure what's up with that but I'm not complaining. Mine are all paid now but they deleted before paid.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.