cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement fell off Equifax but not the others...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgement fell off Equifax but not the others...

I had a judgment, which will reach 7 years in early 2017, recently fall off due to "not being reported" to Equifax in October (score went up tremendously). Should I simply wait to see if it's being reported on the others this month or send a goodwill letter asking that they remove it?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Re: Judgement fell off Equifax but not the others...

Be SOOO glad it fell off EQ and by all means, wait....see if it even is on your other reports!  

EQ is , by far, the hardest to deal with,  IMHO! ! 

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speaking from personal experience, Equifax is the hardest CRA to deal with.

Glad it's working out!

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would leave it be, particularly if it remains unpaid.

An unpaid judgment does not have a required exclusion date of 7 years from date of entry.  Its exclusion date is the later of 7 years from date of entry or until the period of enforceability of the judgment has expired.

The CRAs will often exclude at 7 years, disregarding the unpaid status and the continued enforceability of the judgment.

In order to dispute, you would have to show that they are not complying with the statutory exclusion period.

Disputing the lack of exclusion of an unpaid judgment is not wise.  Let it be and hope the CRA chooses to exclude at approx 7 years.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.