Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement found on credit report that was due to identity theft

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgement found on credit report that was due to identity theft

I found out that I was a victim of identity theft after I was served a summons to appear in court for a delinquent account in January 2014. I immediately requested all three credit reports, placed a fraud alert and filed a police report. I found 10 other fraudulent accounts, as well as, a judgement that was entered in January 2009. I was never served papers on this judgement and it is yet another fraudulent account, one from Circuit City. I have never purchased from Circuit City, they dissolved due to bankruptcy in March 2009. How do I remove this judement from my credit report and more importantly, clear my name from having an unpaid account that became a judgement. How do I ask to vacate a judgement from a company that is no longer in business?

Every single account (all 10 of them) have been proven fraudulent and have been removed from all three reporting agencies, YAY!. This is the last account I have to deal with and I have no clue what to do. Asset Management was debt collector that filed the judgement for Circuit City. I cannot believe I did not receive any papers or even a letter from the court after the judgement was filed.

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.