Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement from 2010

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgement from 2010

Hello Everyone

I have a $80000 judgement from 2010. It was originally $5000 but it has occurred interest. I need to know what my options are. This is the only thing left on my credit report remove in order to buy a home.

This was a lease to buy home and after loosing my job to a family illness, I had to move.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Judgement from 2010

What is your ability to pay, either in whole or in part?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Aunt said she could loan me $1000 to pay back in 2years but I'm scared to do that.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry its a $8,000 judgement not $80,000
Message 4 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You need to settle it and once its settled have the judgment vacated on grounds its been paid, would be good if the plaintiff did it so try and get that as part of your deal. You can check your states laws to see if you can do it yourself some states will allow it. Just dont contact them if you are not in a position to actually settle it. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus
Message 6 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would suggest having a preliminary sit-down with your prospective mortgage lendor, and getting their advice on what will be required when you app for a mortgage.

Perhaps they will accept an agreed payment plan.

If satisfaction of the judgment is an absolute must, then perhaps a settlement for less offer to the judgment creditor.......

Message 7 of 11
Seangar
New Contributor

From my experience, the method I mentioned works 99% for default judgments. All it does is get them off your reports though, you should still eventually pay them...otherwise they can take your state income tax refund, attack your bank accounts, garnish your wages, etc. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thank you all for the great advice
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seangar wrote:

From my experience, the method I mentioned works 99% for default judgments. All it does is get them off your reports though, you should still eventually pay them...otherwise they can take your state income tax refund, attack your bank accounts, garnish your wages, etc. 

And what would that method be? - there are no other comments from you in this thread...

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.