Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement good news

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgement good news

I've read a few posts on here about EX recently deleting judgement if you dispute them due to some agreement between them and FTC about public records being on credit reports. I decided to go ahead and dispute the judgements on all three CRAs and EX just came back yesterday saying deleted. Hopefully there other two CRAs follow suit. The judgement was legit and not due to fall off until October of 2017 so pretty happy it's off EX at least. Unfortunately it only gave me a 6 point score increase. My Ex scores at start of this week were 642 and now after judgement fell off 648. Was hoping for bigger increase oh well. Hopefully this helps someone.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Judgement good news

I am not aware of any agreement between the FTC and the CRAs that involves the deletion of any a judgment.

If the public record information is accurate, there is no basis for a dispute of its accuracy.

The CRAs recently entered into an agreement with the office of the AGs of numerous states that involved various aspects of credit reporting, including the removal of collections that are paid via insurance, but that agreement did not include a provision of general removal of public record information from credit reports.

The FCRA explicitly permits such reporting.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgement good news

You're right it wasn't with FTC it was with state attorney general's and is part of national consumer assistance plan. Sorry about misquoting that one.

It was posted under credit in the news board on here under changes for 2017. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/Credit-Score-Changes-for-2017/td-p/4676265

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.