Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement help please- it came back VERIFIED ugh

tag
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

Re: Judgement help please- it came back VERIFIED ugh

@Booner72 wrote:

Good Luck!  RobertEG has mentioned the $11.00 handling fee and I'm wondering if that fee would apply in this situation?  I have tried to get him to answer when exactly we should send in the 11 dollars but I think he has missed my question.  RobertEG????

I don't know anything about that- hmmm.  From other things I've read- this is what I have gathered/my plan of action:

• Dispute the item in the "normal" way (since mine was a judgement I went through the CRA)
  • They came back saying "verified" so I sent the above MOV letter.  Now if it comes back without citing solid evidence (most likely from what I've read it WILL NOT because they use 3rd party reporting agencies to verify and don't actually contact the OC - which in my case I know is out of business and non-existant) then I will:
  • I will call the OC and ask for records (which actually, I've already done- the court refered me to contact the plaintif- who i contacted and said they sold the account to a CA, and when I called them, they stated they sold to another CA who is now out of business) So I will just move to this step:
  • Contact the CRA and let them know that the OC has no records..  (It's not my job to tell them they are out of business- if they were correctly verifying they would know this).  I will then inform CRA that they need to open another dispute using the name of the person at the CA that I contacted.  However, since there is no collection agency that won't be possible. LOL  So my next step goes here:
  • Send them a letter stating they were unable to verify correctly, that I do not owe the money to anyone, and that If they don't remove it in XX days, I will sue for willful non-compliance under section FCRA § 616.
  • If it still isn't taken off- then they are going to get a letter of intent to sue

I'm hoping it doesn't go that far- but from my research that's the method you use for this.  

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.