Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgement questions

I am working on rebuilding my credit and have hit a snag.  Anyone who can offer some advice would be greatly appreciated. 

I have two judgements showing on my credit report.  Both judgements are from the same bill.  In 2006 I went through a nasty seperation and defaulted on paying the daycare.  The original amout owed was $826.65.  The daycare file a judgement against me in the county where I lived.  The paperwork filed in my county of residence (and the county where the daycare was located) added a court cost of $92.00 to the total amount bringing the final judgement to $918.85.  This is showing on my credit report as County of residence Magistrate Court for civil judgement date filed 01/12/2006 amount $826.00.  This is showing as active not paid.  Estimated year of removal 07/2016

The daycare then went to the county where I was employed and filed another judgement against me for the same bill.  However, when filing this paperwork they filed is as amount owed was $918.85 (here they included the court cost amount from the county of my residence) This paperwork states Affidavit of continuing garnishment. 

My wages were garnished and this judgment was paid in full.  I have my check stubs to prove this.  The problem is it is all still showing open and active on my credit history.  This same judgement shows up as:

County of Work Civil Judgement date filed 08/14/2006 amount due $988.  estimated year of removal 07/2016

I have disputed this with the credit reporting agcencies and each time they return this item as verified not paid.    Can someone please help me.....

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
2NE1
Established Contributor

Re: Judgement questions

what did you exactly say/wrote to the CRAs on your disputes? did you wanted them to update the judgments as PAID/SATISFIED or simply remove them off your CRs?
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has been disputed several different was....

Disputed as inaccurate - returned verified

Disputed as same line item - returned verified

Disputed as paid in full remove from CR - returned verified as not paid

I have sent this off about 4 different ways, spoke to both magistrate courts.   One court system told me to get a lawyer and sue the agencies that filed the judgement.

Message 3 of 11
annielorie
Valued Contributor

+1 I'd definitley sue. They have made a false claim by getting a second judgement in a different county. Get a lawyer. Have you spoken with the attorney for the daycare? Or the Daycare?

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 4 of 11
JohnPTEX
Frequent Contributor

res judicata may prevent the second judgment from being valid - I would send the second court the infromation from the first judgment asking them to vacate their judgment - if they do then send that order to vacate to the CRA's - if that fails hire an attorney

Starting Score: TU:619 (02/24/2012) - EQ:629 (02/24/2012)
Current Score: TU:632 (06/21/2012) - EQ:672 (06/21/2012)
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Agreed but she paid the judgement and its still reporting as not paid. 

Message 6 of 11
annielorie
Valued Contributor

I believe you need to get a satisfaction from the judgement that was paid via garnishment.

Message 7 of 11
JohnPTEX
Frequent Contributor

right but the order to vacate may be enough to have the tradeline removed without the expense of an attorney

Message 8 of 11
JohnPTEX
Frequent Contributor

@annielorie wrote:

I believe you need to get a satisfaction from the judgement that was paid via garnishment.

+1 - either way you need to have all of the supporting documentation that you paid it in your permenant files

Message 9 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Most jurisdictions require a judgment creditor to file a notice of satisfaction of a judgment with the court within a certain period of time after its payment.

I would also contact the clerk of the court and find out what the requirements are in their jurisdiction, and whether the judgment creditor complied.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.