Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement removed from 2 agencies

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgement removed from 2 agencies

Hi all! This is my first post here, I've been lurking for a few weeks trying to learn what I can. I am beginning my credit repair journey after having an irresponibility year or so when I first turned 18, and now I'm paying for it. Previously, I intially tried Lexington Law for several months and they got some things off my reports, the biggest was a judgement that I had on there. At least, I thought so. I pulled my score through CCT and on my Experian report, it is still there but not the others. It has been removed from the others for a few months now, so I am wondering why it is still on Experian? Anyway I can get this removed? Thanks in advanced and for all the help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgement removed from 2 agencies

MyFICO doesn't want discussion about removing legitimate info from your credit reports.

With that said if there's an error and you send a dispute to Experian lately they seem to just be removing jusgements without attempting to verify.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Judgement removed from 2 agencies

In view of a pending lawsuit (Jenkins v Equifax, U.S. District Court, E.D., Va), the procedure for verification of accuracy of posted judgments has come under review by the courts.

As an interim attempt to resolve the issue, a consent agreement has been entered into that has resulted in each of the big-3 CRAs reevaluating its procedure for determining the accuracy of judgments it posts to their credit reports.  More specifically, if a judgment does not include the consumer's name, address, and either a date of birth or social security number, the CRAs are in the process of removing such judgments from their files as being inadequate identification of being related to the named consumer.

I would wait until the CRAs have completed their internal reviews, which is expected by July 1.

They may or may not be removed by the CRAs based on completion of their review.

If they do not remove on their own, you can still pursue a dispute of judgment, but you wlll have the burden in any such dispute of showing some documentation that the judgment is not yours.  I see nothing in the post to suggest that you contest the judgment is not yours, so I would suggest waiting for the CRA to possibly do their own removal.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.