Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement reporting to CRAs

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Judgement reporting to CRAs

Have you tried DISPUTING IT rather than going the attorney route?

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 11 of 17
sisco
Valued Member

I have several times.  TU deleted it!!  EQ and EX keep coming back stating that it is being reported correctly.  Thanks for the advice Booner.

Message 12 of 17
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Judgment reporting to CRAs

Instead of having the judgment corrected on your CR, see if you can have it removed/vacated.

Contact the court where the judgment was issue. Most of the time its in the county where you live.Try civil court.

Then talk with the clerk of that court and ask " how to vacate a judgment"

I believe  the form you have to fill out is called " Order to show cause"

I would suggest to try that route first, before hiring an attorney.

Or try legal Aid, I know where I live they have lawyers to help with questions or to fill out forms, on one Saturday morning of every month.

Google the legal aid in your area, and check out their web site to find out what they have to offer you.Smiley Wink

Let us know, how all of this turns out. You would also be helping out others in the same situation.

It's called the pro bono advice clinic.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 13 of 17
sisco
Valued Member

And that's another thing... why are the CRAs so off when verifying information?  It doesn't make sense.

Message 14 of 17
sisco
Valued Member

I've learned a lot from this forum and did many internet searches to discover that to vacate a judgment the plaintiff needs to follow-thru.  This is my dilemna.  Great idea to see if legal aid will assist with this.  So, I have another search project ahead of me...  Thanks again, Booner.

Message 15 of 17
cahiatt
Contributor

Is this handled the same way with a state/federal tax lien? Data miner pulling the public record then reporting to the CRA or is the state/feds submitting directly?

Starting Score: 594 (Dec 10, 2010)
Score: 758 (March, 2013
Goal Score: 730 on all (by end of 2012)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 17
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Judgment reporting to CRAs

There are many data provider out there, and their employees go to the courthouses gather information about BK records, foreclosures, tax liens,civil judgments, and in some states late child-support payments.Then this info is sold to the CRA's.

Not all CRA's use the same data providers, that's why there maybe a difference of reporting a public record, from one CR to another.

Big brother always watching, you can't leave the house without a camera watching you drive.Then you are at the store, more cameras watching you.

So all I can say is "Smile"Smiley Happy for the camera.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.