cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement -settlement offer- Is it legitimate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgement -settlement offer- Is it legitimate?

I have a judgment from 2006. This week I received a settlement offer from a CA saying they represent the creditor. The settlement offer uses a % of the debt plus interest since the settlement but the amount is inflated and not correct. I have a cease and desist with the original creditor which I know does not apply to this CA 1) How do I know this is legitimate and they are really representing the creditor. 2) Should I dispute it and have them validate the debt.. Everyone has been most helpful on this site and appreciate any help
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Judgement -settlement offer- Is it legitimate?

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a judgment from 2006. This week I received a settlement offer from a CA saying they represent the creditor. The settlement offer uses a % of the debt plus interest since the settlement but the amount is inflated and not correct. I have a cease and desist with the original creditor which I know does not apply to this CA 1) How do I know this is legitimate and they are really representing the creditor. 2) Should I dispute it and have them validate the debt.. Everyone has been most helpful on this site and appreciate any help

Is the original debt legit??

Is this CA the one reporting the debt on your reports or is there a different CA reporting?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgement -settlement offer- Is it legitimate?

Legit - yes It only shows as a public record - judgment on on TU ....not showing anywhere else
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.