Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement status

tag
meeklo062704
New Contributor

Judgement status

I paid off a judgement at the end of September 2015, but it is still showing as filed. The medical collections associated with the judgement are all showing as paid in full. The court and the hospital both keep saying they're waiting on the other to either send or process in order to move forward. I want to get this taken care of as its my last ding on my CR. If I dispute with the bureaus, is it possible they'll completely remove the judgement if they don't receive a response in time? That would be preferable as the judgement was kind of shady anyway. They didn't serve me, they left it at my work without me being there on first attempt. Then when I called a week before the court date to arrange payment, they told me I would have to call back after the date. All in all, I would be happy if they changed the status on it to satisfied, but if love to get it vacated through dispute if possible.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Judgement status

I guess you maybe could get them to update the status as paid if you have the info that shows that. Anything that is not correct should in theory be validated during the dispute process.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You cannot get a judgment vacated by way of dispute.

There is no referral of a dispute of public record information to anyone.  The CRAs post public record information to their files based on their own searches of public record information.  The courts and plaintiffs dont report the judgment, and are not party to any veriifcation of accuracy.

The CRA verifies only by checking the currently posted public record.  They have no authority to hold that a court is inaccurate.

Vacature of a judgment is pursued by way of motions to the court.

If you are successful in vacature, then you notice the CRA, who will then verify the removal of the judgment from the public record.

The judgment credtior is required under the rules of civil procedure to notify the court within a set period, usually a month or two after payment, of the satisfaction of the judgment.  If they have not done so, then notify the court of their lack of compliance.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, that is not true. I disputed 2 judgements that were not satified. Two out of the 3 bureas removed them completely. It can be done. I paid someone to do it for me...so I dont know what was involved. One was a state tax lien even. 

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What I meant was that you cannot get a judgment deleted based on lack of verification of accuracy from a furnisher back to the CRA, as CRAs dont refer public record information to any furnishet.  That is also rhe reason why all disputes related to public record information are specifically exempted from the direct dispute process, as there is no "furnisher" to send a direct disptue.

Message 5 of 6
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually, that is not true. I disputed 2 judgements that were not satified. Two out of the 3 bureas removed them completely. It can be done. I paid someone to do it for me...so I dont know what was involved. One was a state tax lien even. 

How old were they when you disputed them? Who left them behind (probably EQ Smiley Mad lol)

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.