Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement vacate questions

tag
chinarydr
Established Member

Judgement vacate questions

Hello

I have a few questions I really could use some help with. I have (2) judgements against me 1300 & 3100. I have the money ot pay for both. Since both are from same CA, i thought I might try a pay for vacate of judgement. I am assuming I would need attorneys for CA to agree to this? I am wanting to put together a letter today of my proposal to CA attorney. I know the basics of a PFD letter type. my question is, what specifically am I requesting? CA to agree to file a motion to vacate, or do I file that motion? If I have to file, am I asking them to agree to go along with my motion to vacate? I woudl prefer to do this without an attorney, because coming up with 4400 is tapping me out of cash. Thank you very much!

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 615
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Judgement vacate questions

You ideally want them to file the motion to vacate but if they wont you would want to get an agreement that they wont contest your motion to vacate once its been paid. An attorney is not really necessary for a motion to vacate you would just need to know how to file it in your states legalese.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.