Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement ?

tag
ncamille
New Visitor

Judgement ?

I have a judgement on my Experian credit report, but not on TransUnion or Equifax. It was from a foreclosure almost 7 years ago. Can I get a mortgage with a judgement appearing on one report and not the other? I've tried disputing it, but no luck. The foreclosure has since been removed my credit report as well.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Judgement ?

Judgements are issued by courts and recorded in county ublic records from which the credit reporting agencies pull their data for reporting. You have to work at the court/county records level to address the problem. You did not state whether or not the judgement was satisfied or if there is a sol on it ... but you should research and then figure out what actions you need to take based on that research. If the judgement was never satisfied and is still within the sol for your state, then the justgement has to be satisfied before you can petition the court to vacate it.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.