Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement

tag
Comet21
Regular Contributor

Judgement

Should a judgement still be showing on my credit report after Bankruptcy? When I disputed this on my Credit Report, there was not an option for Included in Bankruptcy. That was the reason we had to file so it should be included. I guess it really does not matter if the balance/judgement shows a balance does it, I need to try to get this removed all together, Correct? Anybody had any luck getting a judgment removed?

Starting Score: TU 477 EQ 533 BK 1/27/2012
Current Score: EX 702 TU 681 EQ 652 1/10/2014
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Re: Judgement

I have no experience with judgements but you can find out if it was included in your bankruptcy by looking at the documents or calling your attorney and asking him/her. If it was included, then it shouldn't be on your CR any longer. If there isn't a clear way to dispute it as "included in bankruptcy" online, then I would just send them a letter through the regular mail and tell what and why you are disputing. You could include the documents from your bankruptcy that lists that judgement, also.

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Message 2 of 3
Comet21
Regular Contributor

Re: Judgement

Thanks! It was included. It was the reason for us filing. I will send in the paperwork once it is discharged.

Starting Score: TU 477 EQ 533 BK 1/27/2012
Current Score: EX 702 TU 681 EQ 652 1/10/2014
Goal Score: 700

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.