Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement

tag
ABattle
Regular Contributor

Judgement

DH has a paid judgement from a catereer that we used it was filed on 8-17-2009 and he paid on 2-8-2010. We are buying a house this year and while it is paid I wanted to know if there is any way to get it removed? He planned to fight the judgement b/c the catereer did not fulfill his end of the agreement but missed the court day. Can anyone think of a way to get this removed? If it is disputed w/the court system they just verify it w/the courts, right?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Judgement

@ABattle wrote:

DH has a paid judgement from a catereer that we used it was filed on 8-17-2009 and he paid on 2-8-2010. We are buying a house this year and while it is paid I wanted to know if there is any way to get it removed? He planned to fight the judgement b/c the catereer did not fulfill his end of the agreement but missed the court day. Can anyone think of a way to get this removed? If it is disputed w/the court system they just verify it w/the courts, right?

You would have to get the judgement vacated in order to have it removed from your credit reports ~ you can ask the plantiff/attorney that filed the lawsuit if they would be willing to file a motion to vacate/set aside.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
ABattle
Regular Contributor

There was no lawyer involved, the caterer filed it himself.
Message 3 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@ABattle wrote:
There was no lawyer involved, the caterer filed it himself.

I'd start with the plantiff in that case.   Also take a look at the small claims guidelines, see what is required to file a motion to vacate/set aside the judgement.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.