Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement

tag
meka1984
Regular Contributor

Judgement

I have a judgment that just posted to my credit. However the collection agency is still reporting. Should both of those report?

I'm paying on my OC's lawyer who owns the agency. But they are not updating the amount monthly. I've already paid $345.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Judgement

@meka1984 wrote:
I have a judgment that just posted to my credit. However the collection agency is still reporting. Should both of those report?

I'm paying on my OC's lawyer who owns the agency. But they are not updating the amount monthly. I've already paid $345.

Yes both of them can be reporting. If you have settled the amount you want to ask the CA for a goodwill deletion and on the judgment you want to look into your states laws that govern the civil court system to see if you can file a motion to have it vacated on grounds its been paid, if this is granted the judgment can be removed from your CRs. At any rate the judgment and the CA entry should both be reporting as paid.

Message 2 of 4
meka1984
Regular Contributor

They should be updating the amount correctly each monthly. Right?
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes.

FCRA 623(a)(2) requires any party who has furnished information to a CRA to promptly update that information as necessary to reflect its current accuracy.

Prompltly, in my opinion, is in their next regular reporting cycle after the information has changed.

I would give them a call and remind them of that repsonsibility.  If they do not comply in the next reporting cycle, send a formal complaint to the CFPB for clear non-compliance with section 623(a)(2).

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.