Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgement

I have a judgement on my credit report from 2010, and I paid it in 2010....On my credit report it doesn't show that is paid, nor does it show an amount owed.  I called the court house and she said I could come by and get a certified letter stating I paid it.  My question is should I dispute it for not showing as paid and send the letter stating it was?  At minimum it would show as paid and could possibly get deleted right?  

Any my help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgement

You should be able to get it updated to "paid" on your credit report. Just because something is reported wrong on the credit report does not mean a dispute will automatically get it removed. You should speak with the people at the court house or a judge about having it vacated but there are no guarantees with that as well.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I spoke with the county clerk, she said the old county clerk had several issues where they didnt update or even report information.  THe new county clerk acted like she didnt have the option to update credit reporting??  Anyway guess I'll get to work on it.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When I spoke with the county clerk, she said the old county clerk had several issues where they didnt update or even report information.  THe new county clerk acted like she didnt have the option to update credit reporting??  Anyway guess I'll get to work on it.

Thanks!

She is correct. Courts do not "report" anything to anybody, they simply enter it into the public record. The CRA's search the public records using various sources to find them.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any process or way of asking them to remove it? Can the courts or do they ever give some sort of release?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Laws vary from state to state, but some states do allow a jugdment to be "vacated" and removed entirely from the public record after being satisfied.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The judgement was filed in 2010, seven years from then would be next year, I think in October it would fall off....Do the Credit Agencies delete early?  Could I send them a letter?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The judgement was filed in 2010, seven years from then would be next year, I think in October it would fall off....Do the Credit Agencies delete early?  Could I send them a letter?

I had a paid judgment removed about 3 or 4 months early from all CRA's last year. It is best to call about 1-3 months early for EX & EQ and 6 months for TU.

Message 8 of 9
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

I am, basically,  in the same boat !

I have one that has been paid, did not have  the furnisher of information,  the correct amount, had not been updated to a paid or satisfied status and got it off TU and EX. 

I've had to order a paid copy of my EQ report to get the 10 digit number to try getting it off of there !

If they will not delete, the 10 year limit holds me until December of '17. But, in the meantime,  any CC issuer can look and see that it "appears", its still owed , insane that they will not update paid ones , but sure don't care to put them on, hold them as long as possible , right or wrong information,  as quickly as THEY want ! 

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.