Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgement

I had 3 I never knew about because I moved. During my rebuild process I read about judgements. I did searches in the County Court house where I lived and sure enough I found three.

They did belong to me. I paid them and had them vacated. Pretty easy to do here in Massachusetts as long as they are paid.

Funny thing is they NEVER appeared on my credit files but knew they could have appeared at anytime.
Message 11 of 30
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

The county court house here requires a 35 month 1 yr membership to access civil records😫
Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can go to the Civil Clerks office and have them look it up for free.
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

They cannot charge you to access public records. Go to the courthouse.

Message 14 of 30
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Oh my y'all, I found a site where I could access my parish and did indeed find a judgement from arrow financial in May 08, the last note says Judgement dismissed with prejudice. There are notations that they were unable to locate and serve me. There is no monetary amount available for viewing, what does this mean . I am sick
Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I had 3 I never knew about because I moved. During my rebuild process I read about judgements. I did searches in the County Court house where I lived and sure enough I found three.

They did belong to me. I paid them and had them vacated. Pretty easy to do here in Massachusetts as long as they are paid.

Funny thing is they NEVER appeared on my credit files but knew they could have appeared at anytime.

Donny10 -- I just saw this after I started a new thread. Please check it out! Both from MA and I feel like you may have some valuable insight!

Message 16 of 30
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Freaking out! Will this effect my mortgage app in February?
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a Judgement in force most likely, yes.
Message 18 of 30
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

It says dismissed with prejudice
Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then you have nothing to worry about. How did you find out SO quickly?
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.