Trans - 602
Equifax - 591
Experian - 585
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Judgements - Thoughts/Advice

The judgment credtior does not report the judgment to the CRAs, and thus cannot "report" deletion.

The CRAs enter public record information based on their own public record searches.

Thus, you cannot get a PFD before paying, or a GW deeltion after paying.

Deletion requires vacature of the judgment through the court.

Yes, the judgment creditor can agree to settle for less than the full amount of the debt.

Message 2 of 9
bluvsu2

Who do I contact to settle?

03/14/2019
Trans - 602
Equifax - 591
Experian - 585
Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The judgment creditor has the option of negotiating directly with you or requesting you address all communication to their attorney.

Offers sent to the attorney will naturally require the attorney to consult with the creditor, so I would begin by making a direct call to the creditor, and go from there.

Message 4 of 9
bluvsu2

thanks again

03/14/2019
Trans - 602
Equifax - 591
Experian - 585
Message 5 of 9
bluvsu2

Last Thought of the Day:

I am going to offer them $400 to settle as judgement satisified. 

Here are my thoughts. They are not getting anything from me now. They can't garnish my wages because of my income. So I am hoping they will take the $400 and do the satisfied judgement. I know don't worry....I will get it in writing. 

03/14/2019
Trans - 602
Equifax - 591
Experian - 585
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much is the original judgement?
Message 7 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

If your offered settlement payment of $400 is nowhere near what the total amount owed is, they may not even accept it for a possible settlement.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bluvsu2 wrote:

Last Thought of the Day:

I am going to offer them $400 to settle as judgement satisified. 

Here are my thoughts. They are not getting anything from me now. They can't garnish my wages because of my income. So I am hoping they will take the $400 and do the satisfied judgement. I know don't worry....I will get it in writing. 

Or they could see it this way---"$400 really means nothing, especially since we've already spent plenty getting the judgement.  If we can't get the full amount then at least we get the last laugh with a mark on their credit for 7-10 years."   And don't forget, even if they accept the settlement you still will have to petition the court to vacate the original judgement in order to remove it from your report.  Good luck!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.