Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment Finally Updated as Satisfied.... 4 Years After Paid

tag
Catatonico
Valued Member

Judgment Finally Updated as Satisfied.... 4 Years After Paid

Well... Equifax FINALLY updated a judgment on my credit report as paid... four years after I had paid it, and after numerous attempts.  Not entirely their fault, though, I guess.  The courthouse it was filed in had the Satisfaction of Judgment, but it wasn't filed until a month ago... or something along those lines.  Now, the judgment says that it was satisfied 6/2014.  How big of an issue is this?  I can't remember what dates judgments use when falling off.

Another question... Experian was showing the same judgment as open, and, because I've already disputed the item, I wasn't able to do an online dispute with them.  I sent the Satisfaction of Judgment that I received from the courthouse to them, through their upload service, with all required account information.  Will they send me a notice when they update it, even if I wasn't able to file a dispute this time?  Or will I have to re-pull my credit report to find out?

Thank you for any guidance!

Keep on keeping on!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Re: Judgment Finally Updated as Satisfied.... 4 Years After Paid

@Catatonico wrote:

Well... Equifax FINALLY updated a judgment on my credit report as paid... four years after I had paid it, and after numerous attempts.  Not entirely their fault, though, I guess.  The courthouse it was filed in had the Satisfaction of Judgment, but it wasn't filed until a month ago... or something along those lines.  Now, the judgment says that it was satisfied 6/2014.  How big of an issue is this?  I can't remember what dates judgments use when falling off.

Another question... Experian was showing the same judgment as open, and, because I've already disputed the item, I wasn't able to do an online dispute with them.  I sent the Satisfaction of Judgment that I received from the courthouse to them, through their upload service, with all required account information.  Will they send me a notice when they update it, even if I wasn't able to file a dispute this time?  Or will I have to re-pull my credit report to find out?

Thank you for any guidance!

They will mail you a letter or you can call them and see if they have updated.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 2 of 7
Catatonico
Valued Member

Thank you!

What about the judgment date?  Does the date that it falls off the CR go from the date the judgment was filed, or the date that the satisfaction of judgment was filed?  I'm not sure what happened at the courthouse, but they never put their little stamp on the Satisfaction of Judgment (the judgment was actually paid nearly 4 years ago).  Now, the file date on the Satisfaction of Judgment says June 2014... not sometime in 2010, like it should.  What date is used to determine when judgments fall off of a credit report?

Thank you again!

Keep on keeping on!
Message 3 of 7
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

It falls off from the Date File, we'll at least mine does.

Date Filed: 03/03/2008

Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 02/2015

I'm pretty stoked, I should see an increase in my score.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on getting it taken care of Smiley Happy

Judgments remain on file 7 yrs from the month/year it was issued, if you want it off your credit report now you would need to file a motion to vacate in the court that granted it on grounds that it has been paid..

Message 5 of 7
Catatonico
Valued Member

Yay!  Got my letter from Experian yesterday, too.  They updated the judgment as paid... scheduled to come off 1/2016.  That takes care of the inaccuracies on my credit report.  Now I guess I just need to let time and good payment history do its job... plus work on bringing my credit utilization down.  Time to talk to my boss about that raise he owes me Smiley Wink

Keep on keeping on!
Message 6 of 7
alvon123
Super Contributor

@Catatonico wrote:

Yay!  Got my letter from Experian yesterday, too.  They updated the judgment as paid... scheduled to come off 1/2016.  That takes care of the inaccuracies on my credit report.  Now I guess I just need to let time and good payment history do its job... plus work on bringing my credit utilization down.  Time to talk to my boss about that raise he owes me Smiley Wink

congrats

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.