cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment Question, Sorry for all the threads...

tag
guykara
Frequent Contributor

Judgment Question, Sorry for all the threads...

Ok, I just made another huge realization about my judgment from 2009.

It was in regards to a contract dispute for a service I was providing. The plaintiff wanted their money back, I wanted to be paid in full for the job, plaintiff won, I returned their money. I was reviewing the original contract, which was signed between my business, a LLC, and the plaintiff. The monies that was paid back to the plaintiff was paid from the business account and written from the company name. The only thing not in the companies name was the actual law suit, which was against me personally. This case should be part of the LLC's history and not mine, correct?

I called the court house and asked them about it and they said that they don't report to the credit bureaus, they just access their records and that I should dispute with the credit bureaus with this information.

Do you guys think this is the correct route to go?

Would love to get this thing removed!!

Starting Scores (10/18/2013): EX: 603 | EQ: 572 | TU: 659
5/05/2014 EX: 628 | EQ: 627 | TU: 623
5/25/2014: EX: 628 | EQ: 635 | TU: 623
Current Scores: EX: 670 | EQ: 663 | TU: 681
Goal Scores: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

Re: Judgment Question, Sorry for all the threads...

My understanding is that courts don't report to the CRAs, but the CRAs contract out to people who comb public records and as long as you have a public record, the CRAs can and will report it . . . .

Smiley Sad

Not sure now that the judgment was in your name if you can do anything about correcting it to reflect the LLC. You could try disputing and see what happens. It might disappear temporarily and then pop back up. The time to try to deal with it (file a motion to vacate based on being sued personally as opposed to the LLC) was probably back in 2009 - most states have laws about a timeframe in which you can motion to vacate based on error.

Starting Score: 2/2013 EQ 535
Current Score My Fico: 5/23 EQ 808| EX 812 | TU 800
Message 2 of 3
guykara
Frequent Contributor

Re: Judgment Question, Sorry for all the threads...

Yeah, I can't believe I didn't notice until now. I'm going to dispute it with the credit bureaus based on the documentation that I have, but I'm expecting it to come back as "verified". God this is rough.

Starting Scores (10/18/2013): EX: 603 | EQ: 572 | TU: 659
5/05/2014 EX: 628 | EQ: 627 | TU: 623
5/25/2014: EX: 628 | EQ: 635 | TU: 623
Current Scores: EX: 670 | EQ: 663 | TU: 681
Goal Scores: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.