Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment Question

tag
BearWebb85
Contributor

Judgment Question

So today when I pulled my credit report on Experians site (I know the score is FAKO but it is handy just to monitor information on my credit report).  To give a bit of background I have 2 satisfied judgments on my reports; one from CACH LLC & one from Capital One.  Unfortunatley in Missouri these can not be vacated upon satisfaction.  I had read and gotten information on here that you could send a GW to the judges themselves to have them removed.  I did so for both last week & haven't heard back from anyone.  However, today when I looked under the Public Records tab it says "Experian has no records of any public records on your credit file".  So here is the strange part.  I'm obviously quite excited so I come to here and pull my FICO score for Experian and it is still showing that the 2 judgments are present.  Thoughts?????

Start: (4-21-13): EQ 560 (FAKO) TU 544 (FAKO) EX 549 (FAKO)
Current: (8-27-13): EQ 650 (FICO) TU 677 (FICO) EX 643 (FICO)
1st Goal: Purchase my first home (Done on 9/3/13)
2nd Goal: 700 across the board
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Judgment Question

I would go by the report directly from the CRA not myFICO.

Also call EX CSR and ask them if they are gone.  If they are congrats!

Message 2 of 6
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

I don't use MyFico for monitoring reports, but I do know with the services I use, they can be slow to update sometimes. If you got your report directly from Experian, and the PRs are gone, give it a few days to catch up with MyFico.
Message 3 of 6
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@BearWebb85 wrote:

So today when I pulled my credit report on Experians site (I know the score is FAKO but it is handy just to monitor information on my credit report).  To give a bit of background I have 2 satisfied judgments on my reports; one from CACH LLC & one from Capital One.  Unfortunatley in Missouri these can not be vacated upon satisfaction.  I had read and gotten information on here that you could send a GW to the judges themselves to have them removed.  I did so for both last week & haven't heard back from anyone.  However, today when I looked under the Public Records tab it says "Experian has no records of any public records on your credit file".  So here is the strange part.  I'm obviously quite excited so I come to here and pull my FICO score for Experian and it is still showing that the 2 judgments are present.  Thoughts?????

I would stay cautiously optimistic... one week for a public record to come off, which usually is reported by a 3rd party and NOT the court house seems almost too fast for a GW to work in this situation..

Did you dispute it as well or just send the GW?

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They are reported by a 3rd party but the courts can definitely vacate them and a 3rd pary isn't required to have them removed.

Message 5 of 6
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

They are reported by a 3rd party but the courts can definitely vacate them and a 3rd pary isn't required to have them removed.

Sure, I agree.

for discussion sake. A letter send last week, has to be mailed, received, processed, motioned back into court and vacated?

I just feel like that happened too fast. I am not saying it didn't happen, and it very well could have happened in a myriad of ways. But my logical brain tell me to be caustious about this result for a little bit.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.