cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment Re-Added to my Credit Report with New Balance AFTER Settlement?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgment Re-Added to my Credit Report with New Balance AFTER Settlement?

August of 09 we received a charity grant of 436 dollars towards our balance of 1018 dollars. Nice.

October 23 2009 we went down to the attorneys office, paid the balance in full - received satisfaction papers on the judgment.

November 1st we received an equifax notice stating that "there was one new judgment"... Odd.. It's the SAME exact judgment with a different balance. Magically the other one disappeared off his credit report and this one remains. 

Contacted the attorney, they said they never filed another judgment and it must be a credit reporting error. They show it paid in full - zero balance. 

What do I do?! Smiley Sad We paid it in full... completely! This is NOT a new judgment. Same file number, same debtor, same file date.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgment Re-Added to my Credit Report with New Balance AFTER Settlement?

Ok, update.

I just talked to the courthouse - FINALLY - they said I need to send in a copy of the satisfaction of judgment to each of the three credit bureaus.. How and where do I send that information to? 

Thanks for ANY help. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
tryin_to_make_it
Contributor

Stuke:  How did you get a charity grant ftowards your judgement?  Are you saying that there are programs out there that help you pay off judgements?

Starting Score: EQ-556, TU-614
Current Score: EQ-718, TU-768, EX-739
Goal Score: EQ-800, TU-800, EX-800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, my wife was on disability after the birth of my son so it dropped our income just below the cap for charitable aid through the hospital. Some hospitals have it, others don't.

We applied for the grant, and they paid 80% of our medical bills, past and present. So it covered a portion of the old judgment. Smiley Happy You can call the hospitals billing department and ask?

Message 4 of 5
tryin_to_make_it
Contributor

Oh ok thank you for that information.  Hope wife and son are doing well.

Starting Score: EQ-556, TU-614
Current Score: EQ-718, TU-768, EX-739
Goal Score: EQ-800, TU-800, EX-800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.