Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment Settlement Reached!

tag
kjel
Established Contributor

Judgment Settlement Reached!

Oh my goodness! I have a default judgment of $4,200 for a hospital bill that I was never served with until it showed up on my reports. Got an email from my attorney saying that my settlement offer of $2,500 has been accepted along with the agreement to a consent order to vacate the judgment. The hospital is applying charity care to the rest of the balance as I was eligible at the time but it was not offered.

I'm so dang happy and cannot wait for this to be removed from my CRs!
Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Judgment Settlement Reached!

@kjel wrote:
Oh my goodness! I have a default judgment of $4,200 for a hospital bill that I was never served with until it showed up on my reports. Got an email from my attorney saying that my settlement offer of $2,500 has been accepted along with the agreement to a consent order to vacate the judgment. The hospital is applying charity care to the rest of the balance as I was eligible at the time but it was not offered.

Grats to the success Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Old_Man
Established Member

@kjel wrote:

Super!  Congrats!

Message 3 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice, congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 7
NycGirl41
Contributor

Congrats! How long did it take for a settlement to be reached? 

Starting Score (May 2014): 580 TU | 574 EQ | 572 EX
Current Score (April 2015): 673 TU | 650 EQ | 664 EX

Message 5 of 7
kjel
Established Contributor

@NycGirl41 wrote:

Two phone calls, the initial settlement offer and the counter offer. We weren't that far apart thankfully and I am able to pay in full.

Now the fun part of waiting for the vacate order to be signed and the CRs to update.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 6 of 7
NycGirl41
Contributor

@kjel wrote:

@NycGirl41 wrote:

Two phone calls, the initial settlement offer and the counter offer. We weren't that far apart thankfully and I am able to pay in full.

Now the fun part of waiting for the vacate order to be signed and the CRs to update.

That's great! I just hired an attorney for my case and I'm hoping to get the same kind of results as you did. 

Starting Score (May 2014): 580 TU | 574 EQ | 572 EX
Current Score (April 2015): 673 TU | 650 EQ | 664 EX

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.