cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment VACATED!!! ***why wont they delete it!!!?***

tag
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Re: Judgment VACATED!!! How to get it updated?

What?  No.. This is already done.  I already have the signed documents from the court.  They have been signed by the judge and filed by the clerk.  The correct forms were used and the motion was granted already lol Just waiting on the CRAs to finally update.  All signed documents have been faxed over and disputed opened via phone with the supporting faxed papers. 

And all was done with help from a legal practice (my aunt is a lawyer) but all paperwork was done by myself with her guidance. 

That is if you are replying to me?

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 21 of 57
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Mad

Why hasnt a single CRA deleted my judgement yet!?  Can I call and ask them or will they simply tell me I have to wait for the results?  I've faxed everything over to them, signed by both the clerk and the judge (plus myself).  The Motion was granted and filed almost 2 weeks ago (Granted on October 21 and Filed by the Clerk on Oct 27).  The only dispute I can check online is the Experian which is usually the first to react... it still says "investigating."  the Equifax(CSC) CSR told me no matter what I sent in or faxed in, they, Equifax, would still investigate my public records themselves.

Smiley Sad 

Message 22 of 57
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Mad

WTF?  I just got a letter from Transunion.  It updated my judgment to paid.... Again.  It was updated earlier this year to PAID Jan, 2007.  Now it updated to PAID Oct, 2010.  How did that happen?!?  I faxed them the Granted Motion To Vacate and they somehow get that it was paid (again) in October from that??  So frustrating. 

I called back and the CSR did another dispute that it was Vacated.  Again. Ugh!

I also have 2 Requests to verify my Identity from CSC.  I assume that means they already investigated and are trying to send me the results but since I've moved they cant send them with the copy of the report to me until I verify... however!  I have since pulled my EQ (CSC) report and the Judgment is still there with nothing (not even the paid date) changed!   Does this mean they didnt delete it either?  Or will they not investigate until I supply my ID verification??

As for EX... still shows "Investigating" on the online dispute site. Smiley Sad

What gives?

Message 23 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BrandonSS wrote:

Smiley Mad

WTF?  I just got a letter from Transunion.  It updated my judgment to paid.... Again.  It was updated earlier this year to PAID Jan, 2007.  Now it updated to PAID Oct, 2010.  How did that happen?!?  I faxed them the Granted Motion To Vacate and they somehow get that it was paid (again) in October from that??  So frustrating. 

I called back and the CSR did another dispute that it was Vacated.  Again. Ugh!

I also have 2 Requests to verify my Identity from CSC.  I assume that means they already investigated and are trying to send me the results but since I've moved they cant send them with the copy of the report to me until I verify... however!  I have since pulled my EQ (CSC) report and the Judgment is still there with nothing (not even the paid date) changed!   Does this mean they didnt delete it either?  Or will they not investigate until I supply my ID verification??

As for EX... still shows "Investigating" on the online dispute site. Smiley Sad

What gives?

That really sucks when it is more difficult to deal with the credit bureaus than it is with the courts! 

Message 24 of 57
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

Smiley MadSmiley MadSmiley Sad

I'm about to give up... Experian just finished the dispute... they didnt delete it either!  Just "updated".  I dont understand.  Vacated means DELETED.. right?

Message 25 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is incredibly frustrating for you~

My thought is to contact the county clerks office and get an additional signed document that this is a VACATED judgment, and make sure there is a date on it. Then send it in, I know you have all of your other documented papers from the court, but it's a shot.

Message 26 of 57
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

I have one here signed by the Clerk (when it was filed) and signed before by the Judge (when it was granted).

The bottom which is signed by the judge says "The Court duly advised, grants the Motion to Set Aside Default Judgment.  The Court hereby orders said judgment vacated."  Signed and dated on October 27th by Judge(signature).

This is the main one that was sent in to all CRAs.

Message 27 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BrandonSS wrote:

I have one here signed by the Clerk (when it was filed) and signed before by the Judge (when it was granted).

The bottom which is signed by the judge says "The Court duly advised, grants the Motion to Set Aside Default Judgment.  The Court hereby orders said judgment vacated."  Signed and dated on October 27th by Judge(signature).

This is the main one that was sent in to all CRAs.

Just wondering ...

Could it be the court clerk has yet to enter the order in the judgment rolls?  If EX checks with the court maybe what they are only seeing is satisfied and not vacated.

If that doesn't work, try an online BBB complaint.  Those cases get escalated to superior monkeys at the credit bureaus.

Message 28 of 57
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

The Judge signed it on the 27th and the Clerk Signed it as "Filed" on the 29th.   so could be the case I guess, but i dont see why she would have stamped and signed it as filed if she didnt.  I will call tomorrow though.

Message 29 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BrandonSS wrote:

The Judge signed it on the 27th and the Clerk Signed it as "Filed" on the 29th.   so could be the case I guess, but i dont see why she would have stamped and signed it as filed if she didnt.  I will call tomorrow though.

Not sure what their process is.

I don't have any contacts in EX, but an online BBB complaint will get their attention.

Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.