cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment and charge off gone!! Guess how many points I jumped?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgment and charge off gone!! Guess how many points I jumped?

Recently had TU agree for EE and take off a 7 year old judgment and 7 year old charge off that was scheduled to come off in November and December and checked my Credit Karma yesterday and saw that my TU score dropped 2 points. Talk about air being let out of the bag lol. No worries though, going to take my utilization down from 29% to 2% so that'll be the real score boost I guess. Only other baddies remaining on TU are 2 30 day lates, a 60 day late, and a 90 day late all on an old BOA card. They will all come off by next June except for 1 30 day late that happened in 2011. AAoA is 4 years 4 months so there isn't much I can do about that.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgment and charge off gone!! Guess how many points I jumped?

I know it doesn't feel as great as it should, but stay positive. It sounds like things are going well. You are on track to meet your goal of 750 for sure. Anything special you're planning to app for next June?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for a mortgage next spring so everything bad coming off is a win in and of itself. Been a long road from the days of low 500's back in 2008 & 2009.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll be on top next summer. Nice job. It will feel good to walk into a loan office without being ashamed of what they'll find and a fear of not getting approved. At this rate you'll definitely be approved it's just a matter of rate.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're headed higher. Once the other stuff is removed and you drop your util below 9% you'll see a large increase. Step by step...

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exact same thing happened to me as well. TU did an EE for a judgement that was supposed to come off in March. Guess what I got a 2 point drop as well. I was floored! 😡 I also have lates from 4 years ago.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's really just the effect of age as the baddies fall off with any remaining baddies. The last baddie removed will see a huge bump! Trust me. And every one removed in the process is a huge achievement. Congrats!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.