Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment fell off TU and EQ?

tag
Outnumbered5
Established Member

Judgment fell off TU and EQ?

So, we closed on our refinance yesterday evening and we received copies of our credit reports. I have a judgment from 2009 that had been reporting to all 3 bureaus, but now it is only showing on Experian for some reason? I'm not complaining, as it's definitely a GOOD thing to at least have it off of 2 of my reports. But why would this happen? Is there any chance Experian would remove it?? Has anyone been successful in getting an early deletion of a judgment? How would I even try this? It isn't scheduled to come off until June 2016.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Judgment fell off TU and EQ?

@Outnumbered5 wrote:

So, we closed on our refinance yesterday evening and we received copies of our credit reports. I have a judgment from 2009 that had been reporting to all 3 bureaus, but now it is only showing on Experian for some reason? I'm not complaining, as it's definitely a GOOD thing to at least have it off of 2 of my reports. But why would this happen? Is there any chance Experian would remove it?? Has anyone been successful in getting an early deletion of a judgment? How would I even try this? It isn't scheduled to come off until June 2016.

I would consider it a gift. you can try to get it removed from EX if you can find something that is reporting in error. If you cannot get rid of it then what will need to be done is a Motion to Vacate it on grounds that it has been paid, filed in the court that granted it.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.