Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment from Mel Harris Associate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgment from Mel Harris Associate

Hi Alll

Mel Hairris Freeze my bank account. They told  me i have a balance $2k then and $3k now this account is back in 2001 (I dont remember i have this account is not on my CR). They filed a judgment on Janurary 2008. I check the city court record and there is no judgment from Mel Harris.

No judgment show up CR from Mel Harris

No judgment show up from city court clerk from Mel Harris

What should i do? please help

Thanks advance

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgment from Mel Harris Associate

They can't do it without a judgment. It's probable the judgment is in another court - since there is City Court and Supreme Court... and City Court only handles smaller amounts. You may have to check with the county clerk.

You really need to see a lawyer if they are freezing your bank account. Call these guys: 

www.naca.net .

Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

They cannot freeze your account. The bank freezes your account based on a court order. I would call the bank and ask for a copy of that order.

Maybe they sued you in a different court.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a court record on front of me and there is NO mel harris associate whatsoever. I cant belive this happen. He even give me a indexed number and the city clerk worker cant find it. I called the bank they said my account is inactive and give me the phone number

what a sad day for me

Message Edited by HomerSimpson on 11-04-2008 08:38 AM
Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I would call the bank back and have them fax or e-mail a copy of the court order. They have to give it to you.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called citi bank they told me i have to got from third party...which is from CA.. Also since this account is close in 2001 is out of SOL right? New York is 7 years

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.