Regular Contributor
darrello

Judgment in Texas

How longs does a civil judgement stay on your CR in Texas? I have heard 7 yrs and 10 yrs? Does anyone know for sure which?
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Judgment in Texas

Civil and small claim judgments: Remain seven years from the date the judgment is filed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Regular Contributor
darrello

A judgement is renewable though, right? Will I be notified that it is being renewed?
Regular Contributor
darrello

bump
CreditLuv

Problem is this info isn't correct. EVERY state has different time periods, in Texas it's not 7 years it's 10 years and then can be renewed an additional 10 years!

Current CCT Scores: 769 Experian - 636 Equifax - 695 Transunion
2014 CCT Goal Scores: 800 Experian - 700 Equifax - 750 Transunion
Valued Contributor
Burned2manybridgesB4

CreditLuv wrote:

Problem is this info isn't correct. EVERY state has different time periods, in Texas it's not 7 years it's 10 years and then can be renewed an additional 10 years!

Hi, you're posting on a dead thread, most of which is correct. You're having a slight confusion of CRTP, and SOL. The MOD pointed out that it will fall off the reports by the 7.5 year mark, however it's still governed by the statute of limitations, which for TX is correct at 10 years, with a max of 10% interest.

CreditLuv

I was not talking about credit reports, talking about not coming off public record or when title/mortgage/law firms to searches.

Current CCT Scores: 769 Experian - 636 Equifax - 695 Transunion
2014 CCT Goal Scores: 800 Experian - 700 Equifax - 750 Transunion

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+