Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment in Texas

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgment in Texas

How longs does a civil judgement stay on your CR in Texas? I have heard 7 yrs and 10 yrs? Does anyone know for sure which?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgment in Texas

Civil and small claim judgments: Remain seven years from the date the judgment is filed.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

A judgement is renewable though, right? Will I be notified that it is being renewed?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem is this info isn't correct. EVERY state has different time periods, in Texas it's not 7 years it's 10 years and then can be renewed an additional 10 years!

Message 5 of 7
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Problem is this info isn't correct. EVERY state has different time periods, in Texas it's not 7 years it's 10 years and then can be renewed an additional 10 years!

Hi, you're posting on a dead thread, most of which is correct. You're having a slight confusion of CRTP, and SOL. The MOD pointed out that it will fall off the reports by the 7.5 year mark, however it's still governed by the statute of limitations, which for TX is correct at 10 years, with a max of 10% interest.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was not talking about credit reports, talking about not coming off public record or when title/mortgage/law firms to searches.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.