Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment issue/question

tag
ecrad17
New Contributor

Judgment issue/question

I have a judgment against me from Discover Card. I paid the judgment off through wage garnishment in February and I thought everything was taken care of - Discover shows a zero balance on my CR and the court's site and public record on my CR show zero as well. I've been trying to clean up my credit and have sent multiple GWs to Discover. I got a call from the executive office @ Discover the other day and was told that they don't GW, but that she would call the attorney that handled the case to make sure that they were reporting the judgment correctly on my CR. She called me back that afternoon and said that the attny's office showed that I still have a balance on my acct with them. So, I called the atty and they confirmed that a balance remained as a result of interest that accrued over my last garnishment period. He said that they wont send a letter of satisfaction until the remaining balance is paid.

The only way I found out about this is because I contacted Discover - otherwise I would have just gone on thinking that the judgment was taken care of. I'd really like to get this judgment deleted for my CR. Do I have any leverage knowing that I still have a balance with them? The atty doesn't report on my CR so, although the judgment doesn't show as satisfied, it does have a zero balance. If I dispute this with the CRA what would happen? Will they come after me for the amt owed? I guess I don't understand how they can if the courts show zero and paid and Discover shows zero and PIF.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I'm in desperate need of some knowledgeable opinions!!!!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
2NE1
Established Contributor

Re: Judgment issue/question

Hmm... to my understanding... you have a credit card judgment but it's not reporting on your CR? what is Discover's status as? Charge-Off? Judgment? I was able to get my civil judgment removed once it was paid but that was showing on my CR as a Public Record. Is yours shown as a Public Record as well? I'm just not familiar with how Credit Card judgment is shown on CRs.

Message 2 of 14
ecrad17
New Contributor

Sorry, it's showing as a public record - but it does have the title of judgement in it. How were you able to have it removed? Discover is a real stickler about deleting from what I can gather. Discover shows a charge-off status.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be awesome information as a have a paid civil judgment on my credit report and would love for it to be removed!!!
Message 4 of 14
2NE1
Established Contributor

@ecrad17 wrote:
Sorry, it's showing as a public record - but it does have the title of judgement in it. How were you able to have it removed? Discover is a real stickler about deleting from what I can gather. Discover shows a charge-off status.

The way I had my judgment removed was by sending to each CRA a "Method of Verification" (MOV) letter asking to provide me with the information of the party that's reporting the judgment, etc etc etc. Check your PM! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
fishone4
New Contributor

Could you please send me the information you used to have your judgement deleted. I'm working hard at helping my BF repair his credit and he has a few judgements that he has paid. Long story short his now Ex wife hid them from him. Once he found out he paid them off. I just want to see if I can get them deleted. Thanks!!

Message 6 of 14
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Would love any info on this too....have a paid judgment from last year I'd love to get off my back.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 7 of 14
2NE1
Established Contributor

Just send a PM to both of you! Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
kwieg22

Great work getting Judgement removed.  I too would love that info. in PM  Thanks!

Message 9 of 14
2NE1
Established Contributor

@kwieg22 wrote:

Great work getting Judgement removed.  I too would love that info. in PM  Thanks!

Check your inbox! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.