Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment question..*Updated!!

tag
JoMellow
Established Contributor

Judgment question..*Updated!!

I received a default judgment - its been paid and is scheduled to "fall off" next April.  The "creditor" is CashLLC (the judgement was approximately $1300 from a Providian account when they charged a fee for credit limit increases, payments by phone and other practices that were later ruled unethical) I paid it off early this year - and just found out that Cash LLC went back and added an additional $25.00 "fee" to the paid judgment after the fact.  I've now paid that as well. 

What I would like to know is - what is the best way to get this to go away.  Its still reported as "unpaid" and I haven't yet made any calls or disputes for fear that they will somehow be able to re-date the account and it won't automatically fall off in April. 

Any ideas on what I should do, if anything?  This nasty judgment issue is the last baddie on my credit reports.

Thanks as always myFICO family.

Just got my new 3B reporting - the judgment has been removed from Experian - new score is: 766 (it was 686 one month ago). Thats an 80 point jump!!  It still shows on TU and EQ, but should be dropping off soon.

UPDATE #2: The judgment is now off TU and EX (sadly still showing on EQ).  New TU score is: 773. That's a 64 point jump!  Hopefully it will drop off of EQ soon and I can re-fresh that score as well - it could use some help.

UPDATE #3: The judgment is now off EQ as well.... New Score is 757, that's up 58 points!  Smiley Happy

Original Scores: EQ FICO 645, TU 672, EX FICO 663 (4/2014)
Current Scores: EQ FICO 824, TU 840, EX FICO 826 (3/2018)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pisspoorcredit
New Contributor

Re: Judgment question..

oh snap...not Providian! I used to work for them back in 2000...unethical is right!

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 510
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
JoMellow
Established Contributor

@pisspoorcredit wrote:
oh snap...not Providian! I used to work for them back in 2000...unethical is right!

Yep - ugh........... they were a terrible preditor/creditor back in the day.  I'm so looking forward to the whole account being long-gone history one of these days. 

Message 3 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@JoMellow wrote:

I received a default judgment - its been paid and is scheduled to "fall off" next April.  The "creditor" is CashLLC (the judgement was approximately $1300 from a Providian account when they charged a fee for credit limit increases, payments by phone and other practices that were later ruled unethical) I paid it off early this year - and just found out that Cash LLC went back and added an additional $25.00 "fee" to the paid judgment after the fact.  I've now paid that as well. 

What I would like to know is - what is the best way to get this to go away.  Its still reported as "unpaid" and I haven't yet made any calls or disputes for fear that they will somehow be able to re-date the account and it won't automatically fall off in April. 

Any ideas on what I should do, if anything?  This nasty judgment issue is the last baddie on my credit reports.

I don't think that the judgment would be reaged, however it might be updated to appear more recent than it is, resulting in a FICO score drop.    This happens with collections quite often.

Can you just wait it out since it will drop in about 8 months?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 9
JoMellow
Established Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@JoMellow wrote:

I don't think that the judgment would be reaged, however it might be updated to appear more recent than it is, resulting in a FICO score drop.    This happens with collections quite often.

Can you just wait it out since it will drop in about 8 months?

Yes, I sure can.  I'm gardening now, and have no need to apply for anything til next year..

mostly its just a bitter thorn in my side; especially since the way they got their judgment against me was so shady.

Thanks, pizzadude (the reminder to be patient is appreciated!)

Message 5 of 9
JoMellow
Established Contributor

UPDATE #2: The judgment is now off TU and EX (sadly still showing on EQ).  New TU score is: 773. That's a 64 point jump!  Hopefully it will drop off of EQ soon and I can re-fresh that score as well - it could use some help.

Message 6 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@JoMellow wrote:

Call EQ and ask them for an early exclusion.

Message 7 of 9
JoMellow
Established Contributor

I did - they said they don't do that (we know better) so I am contemplating filing a dispute to have it dropped.  For the record, it dropped off of EX on its own, I then asked EQ and TU for early exclusion (both said no) so I disputed on TU and they sent me an email with my investigation results and it was removed. 

Message 8 of 9
JoMellow
Established Contributor

UPDATE #3: The judgment is now off EQ as well.... New Score is 757, that's up 58 points!  :smileyhappy:

This thread is now happily finished. Thanks everyone for being informative & supportive.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.