Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment "Dismissed" language

tag
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

Judgment "Dismissed" language

Having had a judgment vacated I know that "vacated" and "dismissed" are sometimes used interchangeably but don't always mean the same thing.

I just read this on my Scorewatch when my judgment updated to Satisfied:

"If the judgment is dismissed, this will have a significant impact on your FICO® score. This situation is treated as if the judgment was never reported. A dismissed judgment would be noted in the judgment's "Status."

NOW . . . on the court record page it is stamped in red:

Disposed: DISMISSED - RELEASE AND SATISFIED, 07/18/2014. Other.

It clearly says "dismissed"! Of course, given that it is still reporting I guess it's clear it isn't dismissed as in "vacated" but still - it says "dismissed" . . . ah, word play!

Thoughts on whether or not I can get CRA to delete because it reads "dismissed"? I know - not gonna happen Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 2/2013 EQ 535
Current Score My Fico: 5/23 EQ 808| EX 812 | TU 800
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Judgment "Dismissed" language

@songsofexperience wrote:

Having had a judgment vacated I know that "vacated" and "dismissed" are sometimes used interchangeably but don't always mean the same thing.

I just read this on my Scorewatch when my judgment updated to Satisfied:

"If the judgment is dismissed, this will have a significant impact on your FICO® score. This situation is treated as if the judgment was never reported. A dismissed judgment would be noted in the judgment's "Status."

NOW . . . on the court record page it is stamped in red:

Disposed: DISMISSED - RELEASE AND SATISFIED, 07/18/2014. Other.

It clearly says "dismissed"! Of course, given that it is still reporting I guess it's clear it isn't dismissed as in "vacated" but still - it says "dismissed" . . . ah, word play!

Thoughts on whether or not I can get CRA to delete because it reads "dismissed"? I know - not gonna happen Smiley Sad

IMO a judgment that is dismissed is the same as being vacated and it should be deleted from your CR, if the CRAs wont do it I would file a CFPB complaint.

Message 2 of 3
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

Re: Judgment "Dismissed" language

@gdale6 wrote:

IMO a judgment that is dismissed is the same as being vacated and it should be deleted from your CR, if the CRAs wont do it I would file a CFPB complaint.

Thanks gdale. I called the clerk and asked what "dismissed" means for them and she said it means the judgment is still there - it's not vacated - but it is satisfied. Smiley Sad

I'm wondering if I should try to get them to delete it anyway by sending the document that states "dismissed." I suppose the worst that could happen is that they leave it on there as "satisfied."

Worth a shot eh?

Starting Score: 2/2013 EQ 535
Current Score My Fico: 5/23 EQ 808| EX 812 | TU 800
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.