cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment reclassified as satisfied, no score increase.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgment reclassified as satisfied, no score increase.

I have a judgement from Feb 2009 that I paid about a 18 months ago but that was still listed as open.  I disputed it, it updated as satisfied as of the filing date on my CR but I didn't see a change at all in my scores.  Is this common?  I was hoping for a little increase at least.  Either way I'm going to request early deletion this summer.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Judgment reclassified as satisfied, no score increase.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a judgement from Feb 2009 that I paid about a 18 months ago but that was still listed as open.  I disputed it, it updated as satisfied as of the filing date on my CR but I didn't see a change at all in my scores.  Is this common?  I was hoping for a little increase at least.  Either way I'm going to request early deletion this summer.

Paid off public records do not result in a score increase unless the PR is completely removed. For paid judgments you can look into getting the judgment vacated on grounds its been paid, some states will allow this to be done. You can find the reasons your state allows for vacating judgments in the codified laws on how the civil court system is to operate. If it gets vacated its off your reports now instead of having to wait for the early exclusion. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Judgment reclassified as satisfied, no score increase.

You have less than a year before it reaches credit report exclusion.

If you dont plan on apping for new credit within the next year, I would not bother with seeking deletion via vacature.

I would let it age off (and possibly requet an early exclusion with the CRA).

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.